3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2009 7:37 PM by anadyr RSS

I'm about to stop using Marriott

traveliinggirl Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I sent a message to Marriott.com about my horrible stay at the Courtyard in Amarillo.  I never heard anything back.  I've now also stayed at the Courtyard in El Paso and am now at the Marriott in El Paso.  Both have been very disappointing.  I'm about to change my loyalty brand mostly because no one at Marriott seems to care about my business as evidenced by no one even contacting me about my concerns about the horrible experiences I have been having with their chain.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I'm about to stop using Marriott
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Travellinggirl

Consider redirecting the two e-mails to Customer.Care@marriott.com as follows:

• Subject for Email #1, consider, "Disappointing stay at Courtyard Amarillo Confirmation #:12345678"
    • Subject for Email #2, consider, "Disappointing stay at Courtyard El Paso Confirmation #:23456789"

In the body of email, describe what took place.  Be specific about the experience and where the property failed to meet your expectations.  Name names, give times, provide quotes. It is to your advantage to state your objective.  If you seek compensation, be upfront and state why compensation is justified.

Customer.Care will email you back with a Tracking # for each e-mail and will follow up w/in 3 to 5 days.  A customer care representative will sign the email and provide a phone number.

Typically, customer care will forward your note to the property.  It is up to the property to take ownership.  If necessary, you have the option to request that customer care escalate to corporate in Salt Lake City.

The process can take time as the GM who is usually the decision maker may or may not be available.  Keep in mind that each brand has their own customer care team. In my experience, Customer Care does listen extremely well.  It's truly unfortunate that you are experiencing disappointment back-to-back with the same brand.

You did the right thing coming to Insiders for help.  Thank you for posting and do feel free to post back if you need more help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

My experience is that the process cited by TJC works every time.  Hope you get satisfaction soon.  I like reading the good trip stories, but also appreciate knowing which properties to avoid.  Thanks for your input.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Did you ask for the GMs card at these locations?  A personal email most of the time works well enough.  A cc to corporate on that email will always get some attention as well.

Let everyone know how it works out, please and thanks for posting.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...