3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2009 3:39 PM by mauisteve RSS

North Shore Oahu and other Hawaii delights

oneyearoff Member
Currently Being Moderated

We've had a blast staying a SHORT time in Waikiki -- it's pretty crowded, but fine for one night or so.  We'd rather go to the North Shore and the East Shore of Oahu.  It's shocking how different it is from the Honolulu area.  It's very lush, unpopulated in spots and has to have some of the most beautiful wild areas anywhere on the Islands.  (we've spent a lot of time on Kauai, Lanai, Maui, Hawaii and could not get over how beautiful those parts of Oahu are.)  If you're a LOST fan, you'll find that much of it is filmed on the North and East shores of Oahu.  You can actually find some of the places where it's filmed (ie:  the Others' compound is a YMCA facility at the end of the road on the North Shore, going west.  Can't miss it.)

That said, we own a Marriott timeshare on Kaanapali in Maui -- and you just can't beat the beaches on Maui.  It's really fun.

I love Hawaii -- I try to go at least twice a year.  Best guidebook series is the "Revealed" series (ie:  Maui Revealed, Oahu Revealed, etc.)  They tell it like it is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: North Shore Oahu and other Hawaii delights
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

OneYearOff,

Thanks for the Hawaii memories!

Keep us informed of good places to go on the North Shore.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

OneYearOff

We traded through Interval to enjoy the Marriott Maui Ocean Club and stayed there after spending a week at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club.  Just the sound of Ka'anapali brings back some of the most memorable times and spectacular sunsets I've ever seen. Closing a carefree day at the beach watching the sun cross the horizon at Ka'anapali is breathtaking. 

Our vacation closed with 3 full-service nights on Oahu at the Royal Hawaiian at the time Ko'Olina was under construction.

Thanks for bringing back the memories!

mauisteve Platinum

If you have not, you might try to stay at the Ko Olina JW Marriott next time on Ohau.  My wife and I love it there.  We go to Maui a lot and our air ride takes a while from where we are.  So as not too travel for 15+ hrs we arrive in Ohau, stay a day or 2, then go to Maui.  The return is the same.  Fly to Oahu stay a night or 2 then fly back to Texas.

Just bought a Marriott Time share on Maui in Ka annapali.  April will be our first time to stay there.  Anything we should know as first timers there?  We know Maui well but is there something we should know about this time share that you wish you knew before your first trip?

Thanks and Mele Kalikimaka!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...