5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2009 7:35 PM by nuhusker RSS

Strange Email from Marriott

jawjadoug Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Completing my almost 100th night this year and staying almost nonstop since the middle of August....then I suddenly received the following email from Marriott Guest Services:

"We haven't seen you in a while. Will you please tell us why?

As a Platinum member of the Marriott Rewards program, we value your business as well as your opinion. We've noticed that you have not stayed with us in recent months as often as you had in the past. We would love to know if there is anything we can do to better meet your needs, or if there is a reason you're staying with us less often than you had in the past.

Please take a few minutes to complete this brief survey about your experience with Marriott. Your feedback helps us ensure that your stays with us always exceed expectations.

Also worked earlier with Guest Services for a trip for my son and his bride-to-be to Hawaii, and now suddenly the website shows a message stating my cerificate may not match the points requirement.

I called about both issues and was told there must be a mistake/computer problem, as I should not have received the email, and their system shows no problem with the certificate.  The last thing I need  is for our kids to show up and be told they dont have enough points to cover.  Anyone else seen this issue

Any other Platinums received this e-mail in error?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Strange Email from Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It's good that they  noticed you were not there but it might have been better if they had offered a sweetener for your continued patronage rather than ask for a response to a survey.  Carrots are always preferable to sticks!

Hope that I get the same email since I have definite opinions and freely share them!

Thanks for the post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jawjadoug Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks for the comments

Well, the point is I have increased my stays 2 fold over the last few months, so the email came as a surprise....

Hope whatever system they used to generate it doesn't get involved in calcualting points, as it is definitely wrong.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Wouldn't it be nice if Marriott was as appreciative of our continued business as they are surprised/disappointed when we aren't staying there?

jawjadoug Platinum 2 Reviews

To their Credit:

I went into the survey and was able to use the comment box to express my anoyyance that they would send a note out like this instead of thanking me for increasing my stays year over year.

received a very nice reply from a ME supervisor apologizing for the email and sent me a goodwill offering to let me know they were truly sorry for the oversight.

Thanks Marriott for the quick response. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

As they should have.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...