2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2009 2:39 PM by proiiman RSS

Country Hall and JW Grosvenor

cheriooo Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just got back from a week vacation in London and stayed at both properties on points and had a wonderful time.

Was upgraded in Country Hall to a beautiful suite with balcony overlooking London Eye and Big Ben.  It was breath taking sitting on the balcony wathcing the boats on the river, people and eye spin.  It was a great location to sightsee, go to plays and hop on the tube.  The Concierge Lounge was comfortable and well stocked. I would highly recommend this property.  The front desk and Bell Stand was very helpful with directions and recommendations on sight seeing tours.  I would stay at this property again because it was so convienent.

We were also upgraded to a suite at the JW Gosvenor House.  The room itself was much prettier then the Country Hall but it couldnt beat that view of Parliment.  The Concierge lounge was overall (food wise) better then Country Hall.  It is in heart of Park Lane and the hotel is very upscale clients and the staff not as friendly as Country Hall.  It is not as convienent for getting onto a tube but it is much better situated for shopping.  Took a couple of posters recommendation and ate at Audle's and it had excellent fish and chips.  Did a pub crawl and will post reviews of several.

We stayed 3 nights in both hotels and they met our every expectation.  When we do London again I would choose Country Hall because of its location

• Re: Country Hall and JW Grosvenor
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Cherlooo,

Having recently had the same experience, I could not agree with your comments more!

The Audley, next to JWGrosvenor, is our favorite in London for Pub food.

Anyone cannot go wrong with either of these properties.

Happy travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Country Hall and JW Grosvenor
    proiiman Platinum 60 Reviews
    I am going to London in January and will be staying on points. I am trying to decide at which hotel I should stay. Given the choice, would you stay at County Hall, JW Grosvenor, or Grosvenor Marriott? I have thought about a couple of the Category 6 properties so that I can take advantage of the pointsaves rebate. Has anyone ever seen these Category 8 properties go on pointsavers? Thanks for the advice about which hotel to select.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...