2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2009 9:09 PM by nuhusker RSS

JW Marriott Grande Lakes – Highly Recommended

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just had a great stay using points. Greeted by Karis at the front desk who was one of the most polite, friendly, and professional Marriott representatives I’ve met in many years. Upgraded (without asking) to executive suite (large two room suite with large bathroom and decent size kitchen area with refrigerator, and on a high floor overlooking the pool, lake, and golf course. Nice surprise! Not long after getting into the suite, received a bottle of wine (somewhat expensive according to the wine list in the room) with chocolate covered strawberries, and a very nice personalized, hand-written note from Karis congratulating my wife and I on our 31st wedding anniversary, as well as mentioning some things she only learned when we checked in – nice to deal with someone who listens. We’ve stayed in some pretty nice Marriott properties over the years (many of them in Florida), but rate this at the top of non-beach locations. It’s everything the web site portrays it to be. Regarding the parking situation, we opted for valet – it was worth the extra $5 per day due to the time, distance and inconvenience of the self-parking area. Always had my car within 10 minutes of calling for it. Only one rub with the valet parking – it’s apparently operated by contractor, and even though it’s charged to the room and paid with the rest of the hotel bill, you don’t earn MR points for parking charges. We asked at check-out about this and were comp’ed 1,000 pts, about the same as what would have been earned. Overall, this was a very enjoyable stay at a top-notch Marriott staffed by top-notch people. Highly recommended.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Grande Lakes – Highly Recommended
    tjcnewyork Platinum

NUHusker

Congratulations to you and your bride on your 31st.  That's an outstanding review of the JW Marriott Orlando and spot on about the parking situation there.  Good to hear that you were comp'd 1000 points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Grande Lakes – Highly Recommended
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...