16 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2016 4:14 PM by boomer RSS

Marriott Rewards at Ritz Carlton

johnnybravo Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was wondering if as a Marriott rewards member, can you accrue Marriott points when staying at Ritz Carlton property?  Also, will Ritz recognize your Marriott Rewards elite status?  I know that you can utilize points to stay at Ritz properties, but was not sure on receiving points as well as being recognized as an elite member.

• Re: Marriott Rewards at Ritz Carlton
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I cannot speak for others but I have found that Ritz associates do not honor either the status in Marriott Rewards or give you MR points.

I checked in and asked about upgrades, for which I was told that paying an additional 100 dollars a night would do the trick!

Shortly after that I noticed that I was listed on the Ritz website as a Ritz "frequent guest." a privilege that thus far has meant nothing in terms of comps or upgrades.

Here's hoping the two brands can someday recognize their common linkages and give us rewards for either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dadiorcp Platinum

According to the Rewards program, they are supposed to accept them but there is another number.
    Rhe Ritz-Carlton: 1-800-241-3333
    https://www.marriott.com/redemption/instructions.mi#question0

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gshock Platinum

I'm a lifetime Marriott Platinum and stay at Ritz Carlton properties when I take my family on vacation.  Ritz Carlton will not honor my Marriott Platinum status even though I make their management aware of my loyalty to the Marriott Corportation. Their response is they do not participate in any part of the MR Rewards program with the exception of using points for free nights 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Just stayed at JW Orlando, next door to Ritz.  Wife used the Ritz Spa and I used the Ritz golf course -- charged both to my JW room, and earned points.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NU,

That sounds like a very nice time!

Thanks for the idea.

Happy travels.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Jerry -- see my post "JW Marriott Grand Lakes, Highly Recommended for more detail on this hotel.

columbussig Platinum

I have stayed at the JW Grand Lakes, great property and tremendous staff!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NUHusker!

Well done, again!

Thanks for keeping all of us informed.

Happy Trails!

johnnybravo Gold 4 Reviews

Thanks all for informative replies...  happy travels...

oliver Platinum 4 Reviews

If enough Marriott members write to management, maybe they will implement changes to allow points to accumulate for Ritz Carlton stays.  The following was submitted:

As a Platinum Elite member, I would hope that nights and points will soon be allowed to accumulate for stays at Your Ritz Carlton properties!   There are other fine hotels that do not discriminate between brands amidst their programs.  Please take a look at changing the current practice - I believe it would serve to increase patronage, loyalty and revenues!  Marriott Rewards business and leisure travelers expect, welcome, and will reward Marriott for the opportunity to choose.  Thank-you

pwrshift Platinum 8 Reviews

I've stayed at the Grand Lakes Ritz and the JW.  My pref is the Ritz - rooms are much larger and they have full balconies.  In fact I got upgraded to a 1 bdrm suite in the Ritz which had 2 balconies and a huge bathroom.  Excellent.  The pool area is nicer, with less kids, than at the JW.

The Norman's restaurant in the Ritz is an Idine (Rewards Network) and because the RC doesn't give MR points I always go there twice a week and pay with a credit card to get 10 frequent flyer miles per dollar ... it's a pricey restaurant (and good) so you can earn some 5000 FF miles with 2 dinner for 2.

The JW has a great italian restaurant I enjoyed .. Primo.  One of the best meals you'll get in Orlando IMO...and if you're in the JW you get MR points if you charge it to your room off course. 

There's a new timeshare Marriott is building at Grand Lakes just beside the JW.  It's going to be one of the best and most unique timeshares in the MVCI family with condos, townhouses, etc.  I almost bought a week but reality brought my senses back as I already own 6 Marriott timeshares.  The whole complex will eventually be quite a showplace.

gshock Platinum

I'm a lifetime platinum who also likes to take my family to the Ritz Carlton hotels for vacation. Unfortunately Ritz Carlton does not honor or recognize my status with marriott rewards. I have mentioned to them a number of times, but each time I am told they will not honor any request.

gshock Platinum

ritz carlton will not honor your marriott status. I have asked each time I am staying with my family for vacation and I have been told they do not recognize the program or my Platinum status.  Seems like it would be a good opportuntity for Marriott Branding but I guess the want to keep the RC separate.

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

I am waiting for a response from Marriott because I have tried to log in to
    Ritz-carlton website to schedule a reward stay and it will not take my Marriott login information.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I have been PP, and LP member, and my status has always been recognized at Ritz Carlton.  I normally receive an upgrade even on reward stays.  However, even on paid stays, still frustrating no points for incidentals.......

boomer Platinum

This thread confused me as I know that at one point you could redeem but not earn at RC but was pretty sure that had changed a few years ago which the MR site seems to confirm (below).  The only thing they do not offer is lounge access unless you book and pay for a club level room.

A colleague and I are so focused on points we passed on staying the RC Dallas at $199 a night for a conference and stayed at the Rennaissance at $189 a night and drove to the RC for the meetings.  The policy changed shortly thereafter.  I have since had the opportunity to stay at the RC Dallas and it is very nice, especially at $199 a night!

in fact. most RC are something special.  The attentiveness of all of the staff, excuse me, the ladies and gentlemen, are superior to any other Marriott chain or other competitors such as Four Seasons or Fairmont.  The GM or every Marriott from FFI to JW should have to spend a few days at an RC to see what they can take from there and incorporate into their properties to enhance the "Spirit to Serve" tagline.

mr.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...