0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 1:40 PM by kahunapremier RSS

Getting your points quickly

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Haven't been to this board for a while, too busy with work. But I recently went into my profile and made some changes-due to changes in the business I work in.

I can honestly say that I have never run into an issue where I have stayed at a hotel and NOT received my points.

Typcically, it is 10 business days from when they "process" your stays to when your points are allocated to your Marriott Rewards account. Typcially, the night audit will begin the process.

I have received points a lot faster than the normal 10 days, not sure if that is due to status or not, but I would do the following

1. Take the time to ensure your profile is 100% accurate and that all information is up to date. As Marriott progress in the use of technology, your profile will become the main component of which Marriott will rely on.  Would like to see more feature sets added to profiles, but that is a different subject.

2. Once your profile is 100% accurate, everytime you check in/out or receive some sort of email about setting up your status at the hotel you will be staying, always make sure that you comment that you would like to have points quickly posted, once you check out.

3. It will also help, when you check in to have the front desk put that same information in your note field. Better yet, put that requst in your profile, so that it is always there..and reservations will see that entry.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...