6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2009 5:40 PM by profchiara RSS

Problems Getting Reward Points

cgfamily Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Can I ask is anyone else having problems receiving their reward points ??

On am now chasing our third hotel (in 1 month) that have not given us points!!! 2 in the US and 1 in the UK.

Any suggestions how to speed up the process ?? As I am getting nowhere fast !!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Problems Getting Reward Points
    columbussig Platinum

CG

I can honestly say I have never had an issue with not getting points. 

Some ideas to be proactive is to

• Ensure they have your number when you are checking in.
    • Confirm on hotel receipt when checking out it mentions the points and your reward # again.

I have found diligence pays off, I would contact customer service as well as the hotel directly.

Good Luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

CG

In addition to the tips Columbus mentions, sign-up or opt-in to receive e-Folio.  This is your check-out statement in e-mail format. When e-Folio arrives, check your MR account activity online.  It should be updated.

Kudos to Marriott for accelerating the posting of Marriott Rewards points following check-out from 4-5 days to 2 days.  I've noticed this marked improvement over the past two weeks.  Happy to say it is reliable and consistent.

-- Edited by TJCNewYork at 09/23/2009 12:24 PM EDT This is a duplicate message. Deleting the message triggers an Error Message

tjcnewyork Platinum

CG

In addition to the tips Columbus mentions, sign-up or opt-in to receive e-Folio.  This is your check-out statement in e-mail format. When e-Folio arrives, check your MR account activity online.  It should be updated.

Kudos to Marriott for accelerating the posting of Marriott Rewards points following check-out from 4-5 days to 2 days.  I've noticed this marked improvement over the past two weeks.  Happy to say it is reliable and consistent.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

CG:  Also enure that the hotel conirms your participation in the Rewards prograM either at checkin or checkout or both by asking the front desk associate if the Marriott Rewards number is on file with your rerservation?  If so or if there is a hesitation pull out your card and hand it over--I have found that in some cases the Associate sees that it's not in the system and keys in the 9 digit number manually.

Hope you have better luck in the future with points.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

FWIT -- checked out of JW Marriott, Orlando yesterday morning around 9 am, got home around 5 pm, all points (including arrival gift points and some comp'ed points also) posted by 7 pm.  So, it can be done.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I sympathize with the recent post about points award crediting.  I may be the exception, but it still happens to me about 33% of the time, and I follow all the rules.  I present my Rewards card on check-in and verify at check-out; I use my Marriott Premier Visa Card (with my membership number on it) to pay; and I always ask before I leave if they will post it.

My problem may be that I rarely ever stay in the US -- almost all my stays are at European hotels.  Some are fantastic and post the next day; others end up with me having to the route of the extended note/fax/urgent request attention so-and-so form.

Again, while I am not trying to single out an airline program for good behavior on this (Delta/Skyteam is all I ever fly because I get lots of free trips to Europe), but the difference between airline and hotel is huge in terms of posting points both for hotel stays and for purchases at either Skymall or Marriott Mall.  I stopped buying at Marriott Mall altogether because I could never count on getting points posted in any sort of timely manner and usually had given up looking by the time something was eventually posted; by contrast, when I fly even on Skyteam members other than Delta, it is never more than a day to get posted. When I buy from Skymall it is usually posted before I received the merchandise.

I am a loyal Marriott member and have no intention of switching.  But I am very tired of having constantly to monitor my accounts after my trips to Europe.  The two absolute worst were Rome Courtyard Airport (which in any case i would never recommend or stay at again; it was never posted by them, despite my having full documentation).  Marriott did post it after I made the phone call and faxed the receipts.  Also the newly branded Rome Marriott Central Courtyard was the same story, even though at checkout the agent said it was on my file but also wrote it in pen on the back of his receipt copy. I suspect the latter will get fixed when it's fully re-branded.

By contrast, I never have trouble at the Grand Flora, Ghent Marriott, London County Hall, or most Paris Marriotts.

I know many of you never have any of these problems, but for those of us who do it is a real hassle, especially while also tallying expenses for business trips and getting back to work at home.  It should be automatic.

The short answer is that if it's not posted within 5-7 days it probably won't be and you should call immediately.  (The site says 10 days, but after many times of waiting past 10 days I think that's unrealistic.)  I still believe Marriott needs to work this problem out.

ProfC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...