0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 9:03 PM by jonsel09 RSS

Residence Inn - Milwaukee/Brookfield, WI - DO NOT STAY!

jonsel09 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The Residence Inn - Milwaukee Brookfield - is nestled in a golf course and is situated in an affluent and charming neighborhood with great access to the highway and good dining options nearby.  That plus the fact that it is a Marriott property made this a natural choice for my weekend getaway.

I arrived at the Residence Inn on 9/19/2009 and while the staff was courteous and professional. I was excited about the stay and even got two firelogs - envisioning a pleasant night by the fireside.  Howevver, there was something suspicious that began when I was handed a one page sheet that I was made to sign stating that I was not going to have a party.  Never in my 50+ stays just this year alone anywhere in the country have I been asked to sign any such thing.  When I asked if the hotel had problems with parties - I was told "No, no there are no problems that is why we make you sign these forms."

Well, with reluctance I signed the form - knowing that anytime a special addendum such as this one was made that it meant that there was potential for trouble.

So I go to my room 1012 - when I walk in the fireplace and kitchen were nice.  - then as I always do - I push my hand into the mattress and I can feel the springs! Yikes!

The mattress is 50% of your stay if it is not right your stay is ruined - and at a Marriott you expect it to be right. 

I walked into the bathroom - just to find a very cramped quarters with a paper thin door that must of weighed a whole pound.  When I turned the light on - the fan came on - it was a loud and excrutiatingly painful sound I'd expect from a Days Inn!

All these things coupled with the hotel being outdated - let to me going back to reception and cancelling my reservation - I couldn't even think about staying the night here.

So that's it in the course of fifteen minutes of being on property I was already driving away - I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Wauwatosa that weekend.

I went back to read reviews on this hotel - while most were decent, there are a few horror stories about families that have had their possessions stolen and guests who were sound asleep who have had the Brookfield Police called on them because someone complained of noise.  - Yikes!

My fellow Marriott Travelers - if your travels bring you to the area stay at the Courtyard in Brookfield or better yet the Marriott Milwaukee West - but steer clear of this Residence Inn.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...