Below is a letter that I submitted to Marriott Customer Service today regarding a negative experience at Renaissance M Street Washington, DC. Wondering if anyone has stayed at this property and what their experience was? I will let you know what kind of reponse I receive. Thanks!
I would like to provide feedback on a recent hotel stay at the Renaissance M Street Washington, DC. My girlfriend and I were in room # 938 and my uncle was in room # 932.
Overall, I would rate my experience as very disappointing and falling well below my expectations and previous experience with Marriott Renaissance properties.
Here are the main issues of concern:
1. Club Lounge - very dismal selection and poor quality of food. I was embarrassed by what was offered as well as the associates who were working there. I noticed several other guests who were not happy with the selection. The first night of 9/8/09 was very good and the chef came by to chat which was a nice touch. However, the other days were terrible.
2. Hotel Restaurant - had breakfast there on Sat & Sun. The food selections were acceptable but the customer service was horrific; especially the wait staff.
3. Room - no soap was provided or replaced until after the 3rd day when I went to the lobby to request soap. Is soap being rationed now?
4. Room – several insect-type bites on both legs which were very painful and uncomfortable even 3 days after checking out. This happened to all three of us in two different rooms. A sort of souvenir from my stay! I complained to the MOD (Aymen sp?) and he had the room inspected but did not find anything. I discontinued using a throw pillow that did not have a pillow case and think that might have been the source.
5. Room Service – ordered the sliders since there were delicious earlier during a lunch in one of the meeting rooms. The sliders I received were terrible! Buns were stale & the hamburger patties were hard and cold.
6. Front desk – typical unfriendliness. I don’t think they enjoy their job. This has been my experience 50% of the time at all Marriott properties and was evident most of the week while at Renaissance M Street.
7. Concierge – this was the only positive aspect of my stay. We interacted with Peter on several occasions and he was very helpful and professional. The front desk should follow his example regarding professionalism and customer service focus.
8. Check-out Folio – my uncle was in room # 932 and he prepaid for his stay. He did not receive a check-out folio but am glad that he requested one because he was charged twice for two nights and for parking. We didn’t even have a car! The front desk associate fixed the mistake and said it had been happening all morning to other guests!
9. Platinum Arrival Gift – I always request points but did not receive them for my stay at this property as well as the Renaissance in Oklahoma City earlier this month. Why does this happen 20% of the time at Marriott? Why did this happen at this property? Is it a technical glitch or are the front desk associates not trained accordingly?
10. Renaissance M Street Washington, DC – overall ranking = 3 out of 10. I will never stay at this property again and will advise others to avoid as well.
Overall, I have enjoyed my Marriott experience with other properties and am disappointed that the Renaissance M Street fell so far below the Marriott standard. I look forward to your comments and feedback on my experience.