0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 1:37 PM by bill2719 RSS

Concierge Floor

bill2719 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Not sure if anyone from Marriott reads these forums, but it is frustrating that non gold or platinum members are allowed to stay on the concierge floor.

I am often told that I cannot get a room on the concierge floor because none are available. So they put me on another floor, and allow me access to the lounge.

Tonight I had to ask for the concierge floor because they had given me a room on another floor. They said they were just about booked.

Yet, somehow there are people I travel with that are not gold members, but somehow have a room on the concierge floor without paying anything extra.

Ths happens constantly at the Newport, R.I. Marriott, but tonight it is the Providence Renaissance.

This practice of rewarding non gold members really diminishes the value of the marriott rewards program, and removes any incentive to limit my hotel stays to Marriott brands.

I will begin lookinng at other hotels. Beginning with the Hyatt in Newport R.I., and Wash. D.C.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...