1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 16, 2009 9:56 AM by anadyr RSS

San Francisco Marriott

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed here on business recently. Overall, was a nice stay, but nothing all that special. Perhaps I've gotten a little spoiled at other properties lately!

Checkin
Smooth and efficient. Very quick. Probably the most friendly of staff members I encountered.

Room
Was upgraded to a junior suite. Really surprised how tired the room looked. I thought all of the Marriott's recently remodeled. These guys got the new beds and technology stuff, but the carpets were still really worn. No issues with housekeeping.

Concierge Lounge
Decent selection at breakfast and happy hour. VERY small seating area -- not really setup for breakfast -- there are maybe 5 tables total -- the rest are more lounge areas which aren't that functional for breakfast. In 3 days, never once did anyone in the lounge speak to me. Even when I was the only person in the lounge! I don't think I've ever had this happen in any other property!

Overall, was just ok. Probably would stay again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: San Francisco Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

This is discouraging news, since this hotel was a jewel in the City in 1989 when opened (around the time of the Loma Prieta earthquake -- the World Series one).

We stayed there many times, first in 1990 when the C. Lounge was staffed with three persons, one who was a bartender full time, and the recommendations on where to eat in the city was always spot on. The rooms were large, suites even larger, and the staff were excellent.

How sad that it has become less dazzling over the years!  We love the location but if push came to shove would head around the corner to the JW (former Pan Pacific hotel).

Thanks for the post and the information.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...