2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2011 3:05 PM by profchiara RSS

Rome Marriott Park

migliorato Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have to agree with the others who mentioned the Rome Marriott Park hotel. We just got back from there. This was our first time in Italy and we have to say that our experience was not good.

The Rome Park hotel was extremely expensive. You had to pay 6 euros each, for a shuttle into the city that only ran every two hours and left you off in a plaza that was not near the center of Rome, where most of the sites were. Everything in the hotel was extremely expensive. Coffee and hot water for tea was often unavailable in the few hours it was out in the morning. And while the restaurant was good, there was a very limited selection of food to eat. There was no typical gift shop where you could buy snacks or drinks. The location was terrible, so there was no walking to anywhere, which meant cabs all of the time, which also weren't cheap. And no hotel to airport shuttle service. The online blurb also mentions 'laundry facilities', which turned out to be extremely expensive dry cleaning. The pool was ice cold and not open long. And the sheets were still damp when we climbed into bed in the evening, more evenings than not.

I have to say that we were extremely disappointed in this hotel and did not feel like we were treated as Marriott members. We are also still having problems with our points, as they were taken out twice, which still has not been resolved.

All in all, I would definitely not recommend that hotel to anyone.

• Re: Rome Marriott Park
    bluesuiter Platinum

We spent five days at the Marriott Park Central this month, adults and two pre teeners using two rooms on points. It seems they improved service since your post but they still have a way to go.  Shuttle leaves the hotel every hour on the hour from 8am to 8pm and returns every hour on the half hour 8:30AM to 9:30 PM. Staff was very accomodating in responding to all our requests.  Shuttle was a ten minute ride and dropped us off a five minute wallk to St Peter's Square.  If your a paarty of five, a round trip taxi fare would be about the same price and more convenient for drop off and pick up.  A party of four would cost just a few Euors more than a shuttle, round trip.

My room was upgraded (Platinum) to the top floor with a nice balcony and an exceptionally beautiful view of St Peter's Dome, problem was the room had a dormer type low slanted ceiling so the upgrade felt like a downgrade.  Big negative is there are only three very small, shallow drawers in which to store small clothing items like underwear and socks.  If you're paying $$ for the room, buffet breakfast is free, points guests pay 14 Euors, a bit high, howerver the the buffet was more than adequate and you have the option of ordering from a limited breakfast menu.  There is always fresh fruit offered on the buffet so each day we took several pieces with us when we left the dining room to snack on during our daily excusrsion.  Computers were availale in the lobby free of charge for Platinum members and ah hourly fee for $$ guests..I thought the fee was too high.  I agree, the hotel is out of the way from locations of interest but in our case, we left the hotel at 9AM after breakfast and didn't return untl 7PM after having an early dinner downtown.  Our stay was a bit like roughing it but all in all out stay was OK.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rome Marriott Park
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Dear Migliorata and Bluesuiter,

I have not been at the Marriott Park Hotel in Rome, but would strongly suggest either the Grand Flora or a much less expensive alternative just near Vatican City, the Central Park.  The rooms are great, with balconies and all new bedding.  It has a shuttle service to the Vatican City metro stop that runs hourly and a very good restaurant.  Two other pluses -- while not near central Rome, the Gemelli FR3 rail stop is only 3 minutes away.  And across from it there is a supermarket where you can buy some of your own food or liquids that you weren't allowed to take on the plane.

I'll be staying there again in November and will update things then.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...