3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2009 6:47 PM by anadyr RSS

Caution, booking through partner web sites

nhtravel Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I was very disappointed that a recent 5 night stay in Aruba did not apply as nights stayed.  I have been told that the stay was not eligible, as I booked through American Airlines Vacations.

No where on the AA site was this indicated.  This would of effected my choice of where to stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Caution, booking through partner web sites
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

dear nhtravel:

Thanks for the tip--who knew that this was so?  I do know that any stays booked through the consolidators like Priceline specifically mention that loyalty awards and points are not applicable.

Tells me that the cost of loyalty for Marriott is a tangible one and that they are careful not to award points through third parties. As you might expect.

Caveat Emptor as they say

-- Corrected by SteppingStones at 09/15/2009 7:40 AM PDT

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I have found away around this that works most of the time, not for receiving points (although a quarter of the time I do get them) but perks as an elite member.

When I book a room through Priceline and it happens to be Marriott, I send a message through the Rewards page informing them of the stay (based on name and date or confirmation number) and request that my Rewards number be attached to the reservation.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have never used Priceline since I favor being sure it will be a Marriott, but this personal approach is a great idea!

Thanks for the tip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...