7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2009 2:03 AM by anadyr RSS

Lack of Training or Just don't Care?

columbussig Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a platinum member, I as many other enjoy the concierge lounge.  It has happened to me at least 5 times within the past 4 months, where I check into a hotel and I am recognized as a platinum member.  I am asked about the reward and given my keys to my room.

When I get to my room, I check out the hotel directory and notice they do in fact have a concierge lounge.  There was no mention of this by the front desk staff, so I have to make a trip down to the front desk and ask to be granted access.

I am sure this has to be covered in routine training by the Hotel, is it the employees just have an apathetic attitude? 

Any similar occurrences or thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lack of Training or Just don't Care?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This has never happened to me but I have noticed I get whatever key is nearest at end, not those white "Elite" keys.  Problem is that the folks at the Lounge have been trained to look for them, most times, and seem to be wary of the regular key that I use for entry.

Training is the key (no pun intended). Marriott must and should be on the lookout for lapses like this one you mentioned.  Otherwise we're at a regular noncaring hotel, not a Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Columbussig

Sounds like an oversight and a possible Front Desk training issue.  Have you considered writing a brief note to the Front Desk Manager commenting on the inconveniences experienced?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Your experience is unfamiliar to me.  As a platinum MR member, my key is always programed for the concierge lounge.  This may be because I am always on the concierge floor, but I've never had a problem nor have I ran across anyone who has.  Agree with others, this is a local training issue...one that the GM can resolve quickly and easily.

sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

I have also been rercognized as a platinum member, given the reward and not given access to the concerige lounge.  I have leared to ask if it is not indicated, before I go to the room.

I had one experience where I was not recognized as a platinum member even after I requested an upgrade and asked for access to the concerige lounge. It was indicated that they did not have a concerige lounge and it was not a resort.   My profile was not consulted as I was given an undesirable room.   When I complained, it was indicated that  this was the only room available, etc.  I had to accept the room, but I did collect the $100. because they neglected to offer the platinum gift within the time required.  I usually, don't make that request, because I recognize that as an oversight, but this time I felt I was entitled for more than one reason.  Incidentally, the hotel also tried to get out of accepting the 2 for dinner coupon.  I have stayed at this hotel before and received better treatment and will probably stay there again, but I will be better prepared for shenanigans next time. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to stay at the new Renaissance Patriot Place in Foxboro, MA.  This hotel opened 4 months ago and was preparing for a full house in the wake of a U2 concert at nearby Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots.

Quite honestly, I had very low expectations and anticipated conditions where lack of training would be a contributing factor.  I'm delighted to report exactly the opposite.   Although I was given a CL level room as requested, the CL was closed.  Upon reaching the room, I called the Front Desk and asked if BF vouchers would be given in lieu of the CL being closed.  The Front Desk person said she would check. I told her, 'Take your time, I'll check w/you later, we're planning to have dinner in the hotel restaurant."  Returning to the FD, there were the BF vouchers.

Tomorrow, I will send a nice note to Customer.Care@Marriott.com about exceeding expectations and compliment the level of training given to the Front Desk.  Kudos to the GM at Renaissance Patriot Place for not overlooking one detail.  By the way, I stay at this property on a Pointsavers Plus offer.

TJC: Renaissance always gets my vote for doing things right! Good to hear they excel even in trying and busy times.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...