2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2010 10:42 PM by ricoviaje RSS

Check in Time is 3:00 PM at Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo

roomservice Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Check in time at the Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo is 3:00 PM.

After getting up at 2:30 AM to make a very early flight, then flying across the country to Sacramento, I walked into the Courtyard Sacramento at Cal Expo just after noon California time. When I ask if there was a chance I could check in early I was informed that check in was at 3:00 PM. I thanked the clerk for the information and gave her my cell number with a request for her to call me if my room was avalable any earlier. I left and came back about 2:00 PM and was again informed that check in was at 3:00 PM so I went to the computer in the lobby, found another courtyard across town and then phone to see if I could get into a room before 3:00 PM. They said that they had rooms ready so I booked it on line and cancled the night at the Courtyard Sacramento at Cal Expo. I then went to the front desk to thank them for the use of the computer and to let them know that I had cancled the room because I found a Courtyard with a flexable check in policy. After a short drive I checked in at the Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas and was in my room by 2:30 PM.

In case you were wondering, Check in at the Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo is 3:00 PM.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Check in Time is 3:00 PM at Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Roomservice:

Why wait and throw the dice at arrival?  Many Elite members get early check-ins.  To avoid a repeat experience, consider calling Platinum Elite or the hotel directly prior to arrival. 

Call Platinum in advance of travel to get the early check-in for you. Longer lead time is best but at least 48 hours allows time for changes. If the hotel cannot accomodate an early check-in, ask Platinum to find one close to your destination that will.  On the day of travel, call the hotel directly or call Platinum to reconfirm.

It works, try it.  The reason it works is that Platinum Elite takes ownership of your request and follows through to make sure you are satisfied.  Similarly, because Platinum calls the hotel on your behalf, the Front Desk person must take ownership too. He/she must coordinate with housekeeping to turn over the room reserved for you so that it's ready earlier.   Advance notice is key, because it supports the level of teamwork required to turn over rooms.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Check in Time is 3:00 PM at Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
    ricoviaje Platinum

I, unfortunately, landed here at the Marriott Courtyard Sacramento Expo. Although check-in was early ( 2:00 pm) the Courtyard "lounge" is/was the biggest disappointment. The Batender was a complete downer and the wine selection and Martini pour and price was a complete "drubbing". You are held hostage at this property but in the fututre I will select another Sacramento property where I have better food and beverage choices.

Rick

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...