10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2009 9:22 AM by columbussig RSS

Understanding Stays for Promos-Can Someone Help?

go_wfu_deacons Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi there- relatively new member here switching from another program.

I see there is an upcoming MR promo where you get a free night certificate with 2 "stays." 

I have a business trip to greensboro coming up and will stay 2 nights at a Marriott there.  Does this mean I have met the qualifications?  or do I need to stay at another Marriott to qualify for two "stays?" 

In short, are nights and stays different, and if so, can someone specify how?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Understanding Stays for Promos-Can Someone Help?
    columbussig Platinum

WFU

You need to have 2 seperate stays at a Marriott property, even though you are staying 2 nights.  It is recognized as 2 complete stays at hotels.

Good Luck and welcome

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

go_wfu_deacons Gold

Columbus- thanks for writing.

I'm sorry if I'm still slow on the uptake.  If I understand you correctly, you are saying that my 2-night visit to the Marriott in Greensboro qualifies as one "stay," and I need another visit to either this hotel or another Marriott hotel in the future to fulfill the promo conditions.  Is this correct?

Thanks again for helping a newbie!

columbussig Platinum

WFU

That is correct, even though you are staying 2 nights it is considered one stay.   You need an additional stay to receive the award.

Not a problem, glad to help.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

WFU -- additionally, it's been my experience that a stay is defined as consecutive nights at the same hotel.  So, even if you check out in the a.m., and then check back in at the same hotel in the p.m., those consecutive nights still only count as one stay.  Good luck.

WFU -- also, glad to see another alum identifier on this forum. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Go WFU 

Welcome.  As other posters have noted, a stay is consecutive nights at a property.  An alternative that meets the 2 stay requirement is to book the first night at one Greenboro location and the second night at another nearby. For example, it is not unusual for Marriott to have multiple brands in the same market area.  In fact, some markets are over-saturated with hotels. So you might stay one night at Fairfield Inn and the second at Courtyard.  Of course, this entails having to move but it means satisfying the requirement to get the certificate.  Keep in mind that Residence Inn only earns 5 Marriott Rewards points per $US vs 10 points at most other Marriott brands.

go_wfu_deacons Gold
    Columbus, Husker, and TJC- thanks! I completely understand now. PS to Husker- We had your fans come to our stadium in 2007. I wasn't there but several friends with season tickets said that the Nebraska folks were among the nicest bunch of visitors we'd had in long time. Friendly, knew their football, cheered for their team without being jerks- good people all around. Thanks again to all.

Go wfu deacons -- Big Red football brings out the best in Husker fans.  Have a good season.

dolphin521 Platinum

This is the first we are hearing about this promotion.  Was it offered to everyone?

columbussig Platinum

Dolphin

Yes, I believe it was offered to everyone.  It was 3 stays between June 1st-August 31st and receive a 1 night stay certificate after your 3rd eligible stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...