5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2009 9:45 AM by profchiara RSS

Courtyard Marroitt in Venice Italy

meust0305 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What a pleasant experience! This Hotel is ultra modern and the staff is the best! They are courteous and patient even whe the front desk was really busy.

I want to thank the entire staff but specifically want to mention Maria Angelina and Fall Fallou for going out of their way to make our stay pleasnt. All of our requests were handled with great courtesy and patience. The staff is warm and dedicated to the comfort of their guests.

I salute the staff at this Courtyard Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard Marroitt in Venice Italy
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Dear Meust0305,

I will be in Venice for a conference in April.  This will be my fourth time in Venice, so staying on a canal for an exorbitant price is not my priority.  But how far is the Venice Courtyard Marriott from the city?  Is there a shuttle? 

Thanks for your help! ProfC

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Professor,

I haven't been to the Venice CY yet... currently booked there for arrival on Sept. 26.

It is located at Marco Polo Airport.  There is no shuttle into Venice.  They do have a shuttle to/from the airport except during the afternoon 'siesta'.  There is a public bus twice per hour that stops across from the hotel.  €1.10/trip, I believe.  The bus takes 20 minutes to reach P. Roma which as you probably know is in the northwestern part of the city near the train station.  From there, you can either take a vaporetti or walk (maybe a long walk!) to your destination.

I'm trying to change my hotel to another chain that I frequent which is much better located near the Accademia so I don't lose a lot of time traveling back and forth to the airport.

Dear NewHiltonMember,

Thanks so much for the info.  From what you tell me it might work, though it sounds inconvenient for 4-5 days without a shuttle to a vaporetto stop.  Let me know what your experience is if you end up staying there.  There is a very nice and relatively inexpensive Best Western (Hotel Elena) near the Giardini where I stayed last time.  I'd have no trouble at all with the idea of staying there again.  It's right next to a vaporetto stop across from the Lido and walkable to San Marco.  And QUIET! 

I only ask because I like to stay at Marriotts when I can.  In this case it may not be worth it, at least for the whole time.  Thanks again, Prof C

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Professor,

Sorry, turns out that I won't be staying at the Venice Courtyard.  I made a last minute decision to try to get into the Hilton and received word that they are going to override their 'sold out' status and let me stay there on points.  (They are completely sold out supposedly for my first night.)  It's in a much better location for my siteseeing.   And the views from the rooftop bar are supposed to be amazing!

Have a wonderful trip wherever you stay!

• Re: Courtyard Marriott in Venice Italy

Dear NewHiltonMember,

Thanks anyway!  I decided based on what another member said that it would be too inconvenient to stay at the Courtyard Marriott for four days, so I made my reservation at the Best Western Sant' Elena, where I've stayed before.   I had a great stay there a few years back.  Also it's not  expensive.

Have a great time!  Venice is magical.

Best, ProfC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...