2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2009 10:46 AM by anadyr RSS

Poor Service at Residence Inn, Westlake Village

pebble Platinum 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been staying at the same Residence Inn in Westlake Village, CA for 3 or 4 days every month for the last year.  The hotel is comfortable and generally speaking the staff are friendly. The last time I stayed there, in late July, I came downstairs at 6:50 to drive to LAX. The kitchen staff were getting ready for breakfast and I asked if they could please turn on the juice dispenser so I could get a glass of orange juice for the road. I was told rather bluntly that breakfast was not served until 7:00 am and that I would have to wait. It’s a small matter, but the rudeness upset me. I will not be back at this Residence for a while, they obviously don’t need my business.

On my visit to CA in late August I stayed at the Courtyard in Thousand Oaks, and for my next visit (next week) I have booked the Residence Inn in Oxnard.

• Re: Poor Service at Residence Inn, Westlake Village
    boomer Platinum

On a recent business trip to LA I decided to spend a few extra nights and booked 3 nights at the Renaissance in Agoura Hills which, if my geography is correct, is near Westlake Village.  I highly recommend it as the location was good, there was a great Italian restaurant across the street and the rates were excellent.  I was going to use points but, due to the low rate, I paid cash. 

The only downside was that the club lounge was on the small side.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Poor Service at Residence Inn, Westlake Village
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I think this is a training issue and perhaps a staff reminder from the GM would help.  What you asked for was not unreasonable, and the dispenser is keyed to turn off and on at most Residence Inns as is the soda dispenser.

I think a personal email or note to the GM and a call detailing this (with suggestions on training) would go a long way to solving the problem for future guests at this property.

As for bluntness, can't say--perhaps the person needs to think about another career?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...