3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2009 12:13 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Berlin Marriott properties

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

May be going to Berlin for 5 days and will use points.  Question I was thinking of the Marriott but M. Quinton did not seem too pleased with it.  I note there is also a Courtyard.  I am hopeful Jerry Morgan or Professor Chiara will see this and comment I enjoy their view on hotels [or any one else].  What are the must see places in Berlin will have some time to visit [some work also]

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Berlin Marriott properties
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Dear Theolejudge,

Right back at ya!  Your comments on Athens were great.  Unfortunately, my research hasn't taken me to Germany since 1995 and I've only been to Berlin once so I'll defer to people with real experience.  When I was there in 1995 I  took a train from Berlin to Erfurt for a conference.  That's one definite place to see, as are many other very well-preserved towns with medieval sites and connections to do with the Protestant Reformation.  Near Hannover is the beautifully-preserved 17th C. town of Wolfenbüttel. Lübeck likewise -- from Hanseatic League times.  Unfortunately (from my viewpoint) the food tends to favor those who like herring.

My very favorite part of the former East Germany is the coast near Stralsund and Insel Rugen.  I am a fan of the nineteenth-century Romantic painter Caspar David Friedrich, who did many of his paintings based on the latter, plus it's a great place for nature, bicyclying and amazing cliffs.

Have a great time! 

ProfC

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

The Marriott in Berlin is excellent. I have been staying there since it opened and i was there 2 weeks ago and will be there again this weekend. The property is very modern and has a really nice swimming pool, gym, and saunas in the locker rooms. They have a very nice restaurant and a seperate bar thats very nice indeed. The lobby is nice and spacious with a huge atrium going all the way up to the top floor (about 10 i think?). When i was there 2 weeks ago the executive lounge was closed for renovation but is open again now so i am looking forward to using it. The hotel occupies an excellent location on Potsdamer Platz (virtually next door to the Ritz Carlton) and there is a very large shopping mall 5 minutes away with loads of restaurants around the area. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the Brandenburg gate and Unter de Linden where there are many museums and galleries and opera houses. I highly recommend the Marriott berlin.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Judge,

Thank-you for respecting my opinion and I really do not think you can go wrong with either the CY or the Marriott in Berlin.

My experience at the M are the same as Prof., great location.  I liked the CY primarily because of price/points.  It is easy walking distance from Check Point Charlie and quaint places for inexpensive dining.  

One of the great things about Berlin is the travel effeciency.  I have never seen an airport as effecient as Tegel.  Likewise, travel on public transportation from the airport and around Berlin is easy and inexpensive.

There is so much to do, I would recommend a bus or private tour.  The city is very special.  Shopping is even fun for a guy!

Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...