1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 7, 2009 12:01 PM by nuhusker RSS

BLACKOUTS STILL DO EXIST.

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I HAVE JUST TRIED MAKING A RESERVATION AT THE SAN DIEGO GASLAMP QUARTER MARRIOTT FOR 9TH OCTOBER THRO' TO 16TH OCTOBER USING REWARD POINTS, AND THE ELITE AGENT SAID THERE WAS NO SPACE AVAILABLE. I TOLD HIM THAT MARRIOTT'S WEB PAGE STILL SHOWED PLENTY OF SPACE IF I CHOSE TO PAY FOR A ROOM. I QUERIED THE NEW BLACKOUT REGIME WITH HIM, AND I WAS TOLD THAT HOTELS RESERVE 10% OF THEIR SPACE FOR REWARD RESERVATIONS AND WHEN THE 10% HAS GONE, THEN THAT'S IT!!

COME ON MR. MARRIOTT, LET'S HAVE SOME HONESTY IN YOUR COMPANY - IS THERE BLACKOUTS OR IS THERE NOT!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: BLACKOUTS STILL DO EXIST.
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

LesliePamel -- I, too, find it hard to believe that anyone at Marriott actually gives a hoot about what's being reported on this site.  I found the following from Andrew at Marriott regarding No Blackout Dates.  Maybe we are posting these problems in the wrong place.

What's New

No Black-out Dates Forum

Posted by: Andrew | Marriott Rewards

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:02 PM

Printer-friendly page

See the forum that has received over 27,000 views and well over 600 replies!

This popular, although admittedly controversial, thread began when we announced our “No Black-out Dates” changes last October.  It never really had a good home within Insiders and so may have been hard for you to find.  But rest assured it does remain a part of Insiders.  You can access it here.

In the future all Marriott originated announcements will live in our new Lobby section which will make it much easier for you to reference conversations between Marriott Rewards and members like yourselves over time. 

In regards to the “No Black-out Dates” forum: we have read all your posts and taken into consideration your thoughts, ideas, and concerns. While we won’t be actively responding to threads or forums anymore – again, moving forward we’ll be initiating dialogue or replying to comments within this Lobby section – we wanted to make sure you knew where to find the “No Black-out Dates” conversation. 

The original forum and its responses can be found by clicking on the Related Forum link below.  Feel free to keep the dialogue amongst members going!

Comments (0) | Add Comment

Related Discussion >

No Comments yet-Be the first

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/trackback/13000003489<</a>/p>

Links to blogs that reference "No Black-out Dates Forum" in What's New:

No TrackBacks yet

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...