3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 9:30 PM by GemPrincess RSS

London Grosvenor House on Park Lane

az85048 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I can't say enough about the London Grosvenor House.  When I checked in there was a liitle mix up with my reservation so I went out shopping while things got straightened out.  Upon my return, there was still a problem which was promptly handled by a lovely young woman named Anna who appreared from the office after it was determined that the desk clerk was in a bit over his head.  With a glint in her eye she sent me up to see if the room she had in mind for me would be 'adequate' for my stay.  As I took the elevator up to the eight floor, I had no idea what to expect.  I went down a long hall, turned a corner and went down an even longer hall.  Surpisingly my room number was at the very end of the last hall. As the valet opened the door he watched my expression as I walked in to a magnificent five room suite overlooking Hyde Park which is directly across the street.  It was fabulous!  The location of the hotel is suited well for almost any type of sightseeing or shopping.  As I am a big fan of the Big Red Bus tours, I would simply walk up toward the Marble Arch and catch a bus from there.  The conceirge lounge was fantastic and I spent ample time there eating breakfast, snacks at happy hour and of course the desserts that came out after the dinner hour.  If you don't bring a laptop, they have a couple they'll loan you.  The staff was exemplary but Anna made my whole trip worthwhile.  I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!  They are a huge asset to the Marriott name.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom JW Marriott Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall