9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 10:45 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Renaissance Denver - any good ?

laslondon Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Has anyone got any good/bad experience of Renaissance Denver (Quebec Street) ?.

Thanks

• Re: Renaissance Denver - any good ?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Las London,

Stayed there many times!

My son went to culinary college (Johnson and Wales), just down the street.

This and the Courtyard,across the street both had their good/bad points.  The shuttle from the airport was great, the Ren. had a great rest., and very nice concierge level.  Free parking at both, and it just depends on what you are looking for should determine where you stay.

If you activities are in the area it is a great spot.  You can get downtown easy enough and to get to surrounding areas is easy from this location.

Lastly, I thought the rates where very good at both of these locations.  If you are driving, easy spot on the East side of town.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

I stayed here for three nights a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed my stay. It is located about midway between the airport and downtown, and the free airport shuttle is very convenient. The hotel has a well equipped fitness center and nice concierge lounge. There is a shopping center across the street with several restaurants, but there isn't much else in the immediate area.

We had considered staying downtown because our meetings were there, but the hotels were very expensive (above our corp. guidelines). The Renaissance offered a promotion rate of $139 including free internet, compared to $239 at the downtown Courtyard. Parking is also free at the Renaissance, and cab fare to downtown is about $20.

The reception desk is currently under repair due to water damage, but otherwise the rooms appear to be recently refurbished. I would definitely stay here if I am in the area again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laslondon Platinum

Hi jerrymorgan and SuperChief1,

Thanks very much for the detailed feedback. I am currently staying at a nearby hotel (which I don't like!) so looking at other options in the local area. Transport is not a problem since I have a car.

They currently have a rate of $99 which seems like good value (+$10 for internet access). If I am staying in Denver for a few more days, I will definetely move in there.

BTW, do Platinum members get free breakfast?.

Las

superchief1 Platinum

Platinum members get a decent breakfast in the concierge lounge on weekdays, and I was told that vouchers are available for complimentary breakfasts on weekends.

loslondon,

You will enjoy the price and the location, especially with a car!

Be careful in Denver!  There is a lot of crime, especially on Colfax Street.

Use the Ren.  as a safe base to travel to other parts of Colorado on Day trips.  (Rocky Mtn park, Red Rocks, etc.)

Good luck!

laslondon Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks everyone for their comments and suggestions.

Spent 4 nights there last week. On the whole, a very nice hotel and the price was good too ($89). Got an Execuite Suite on the top (12th) floor, facing the road. No suites were available with Mountain view. I think Mountain view would have been better since there was road traffic noise from about 5:30 AM. 

Club lounge was closed during the weekend and on holidays. There was free breakfast from the restaurant when the lounge was closed (no vouchers were required. I just had to show my Platinum membership card).

Las

LasLondon,

Glad you had a good time!

The Mountain side is OK but you sound like you did just fine.  The location is really a "Sleeper" to me.  So close to so much for the price.

Good travels.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

This may be an old/closed thread, but if anyone finds it in their searches, they may be interested in a more recent post here:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/11448

ssindc,

Have enjoyed this place most recently!

Good CL, very good place to dine!  Free parking, and good location, if you are doing activities on the East side of Denver!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...