5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2009 9:01 PM by dolphin521 RSS

Help with my Marriott Rewards

lindaann Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hello -

At the risk of sounding ignorant----

Can someone please tell me what the best way to use my Marriott Rewards would be?

Should I use them up, save them up, how many do I need(for what)?

When staying 5 days, does it pay to make 2 and 3 day reservations, instead of just one reservation?

• Re: Help with my Marriott Rewards
    egw019 Platinum

I always save them up for the big stay,have gone to hawaii,europe,alaska cruise,orient express. when under $150 I pay with my marriott visa and earn extra points.when the price is high I use points example I will be in pacific northwest this month and used 134,000pts for rooms with a cost of$2200.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PINGREEMAN,

Oh so right!

Make sure you really check a location, and nearby ones out, before just using your points.  Make sure you always check with the 800 #'s as well, because they sometimes have specials that do not appear on the web site.

It pays to shop!  Especially shopping up to the week before you need the room!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dolphin521 Platinum

We have used a combination of points and cash, especially when the rate is low.  For example, during a recent 8 day trip to Munich, the weekend rate at the Marriott was much lower than the weekday rate.  So we paid for our first two nights (Fri and Sat), used points during the week (Sun-Thurs) and then paid for our last night (Fri).  Total cost for the hotel stay was 100,000 points and around $500.  As I recall, we made 3 separate reservations and it was very clear to the hotel staff how we were paying for the stay.

egw019 Platinum

You do not need help, you should be helping others, couldn't have done it better myself. BRAVO. which marriott did you stay at. i have always stayed at the marriott out of town a short u-bahn ride. last trip we stayed at the courtyard. right in town and a nice hotel.

dolphin521 Platinum

To egw019

The Marriott we stayed at was out of town and u-bahn stop (Nordfreidhof) was very close by.  Sounds like the same one you have stayed at.  The Renaissance was practically next door.  We thought about the Courtyard since it was so close to everything.  Glad to hear that it is a nice hotel.  We'll consider it if we ever get back to Munich. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...