1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 6:06 PM by jazzymary RSS

Liverpool, England

cheers2u Member
Currently Being Moderated

Traveled to The Beatles Fest in Liverpool about 5 times now.  It is the last week of August.. The streets are filled with Beatles fans; music in the streets, and the famous Cavern Club rocks all night.. It is a quaint city.. Yet, now is becoming a bit too modern in a lot of ways..  I must add, the Marriott Liverpool City Center is very nice.. Very central, and the staff were extremely accomodating,  when I needed some touring advice on siteseeing outside of Liverpool.. I ended up in Edinburgh, Scotland.. Fabulous weekend get away from Liverpool..  If you like the Beatles.. I suggest this a good time to go.. Never a dull moment..and always safe at night with all the people about partying about town... Cool

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
United Kingdom
  • Re: Liverpool, England
    jazzymary Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

I just came back from a 10 day trip w/ my younger daughter traveling all over England.  We didn't stay at the Marriott in Liverpool--but we should have!  None the less, as a die hard Marriott fan, I knew I would be welcomed if I went in there and talked to the concierge for ideas about how to best visit Liverpool.  I have to give a BIG shout out to Ronnie Holden, the concierge who was on duty when I walked in the lobby.  From the start, I explained to Ronnie that I wasn't staying there, although we had stayed in the Marriotts in York & Manchester, but could I ask for some guidance anyway?  Well, he was a total sweetheart!  He  said "of course" and he helped me figure out everything!  He was so lovely and downright nice and helpful.  Again, Mr. Marriott, I have to say your hotel chain hires some of the BEST staff I've ever seen.  I must add that all the desk people at the Liverpool Marriott were very nice too. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...