6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2009 3:27 PM by lorirobert RSS

Renaissance Pittsburgh American Idol Excitement

lorirobert Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This is a long story, so I will make it short.  Stayed last Friday night at the Renaissance in Pittsburgh, was a treat from my husband for our 11th wedding anniversary.  Had an awesome corner room, with a view of the rivers and PNC Park, there was a Pirate game in town, the day was sunny, so it was a gorgeous view.  The woman at check-in was fantastic (Eilen) what a specail greeting she gave us.

When we returned to the hotel after dinner, there was a fantastic guy singing and playing at the grand piano in the lobby.  As I passed by and glanced, it was Matt from this year's American Idol- the concert was in town and they were staying there.  He sang and played, also Scott sang and played.  Danny came in ad sang as well, plus we say Megan and Lil.  We hung out for about 2 hours and listened to our own private concert.  They were nice and it was just an amazing and unexpected surprise.  We literally had the best seat in the house!  Of course I didn't have my camera with me, and the few I took with my phone I didn't save because I was so excited.  Anyway, just thought I would share with you all, my husband couldn't have planned anything better if he had tried.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Pittsburgh American Idol Excitement
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Lori,

We had the same experience at the R in Pittsburgh and really enjoyed the location.

We are awaiting the Idol in St. Louis and hope they stay at the new Marriott Union Station.

Thanks for the information.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lorirobert Platinum

Yes, try and find out where they are staying and go the night before the concert.  They were not shy about mingling and "showing off" a bit....good luck!  Make sure you have your camera.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Great story!  Among our favorites is Danny Gokey, was he there?  Hopefully, an Insider brings a video camera and shares the clips on YouTube.

lorirobert Platinum

Yes, we saw Danny, he came a went a few times to the piano.  Very nice, I still can't believe I didnt have my camera!!!!!

tjcnewyork Platinum

Lori

Wow - I don't recall seeing Danny play the piano, what did he perform?  Btw: Congratulations on your wedding anniversary with many more years of happiness to come.

lorirobert Platinum

Danny didn't play, he just leaned against the piano and sang while Scott was playing.  This is a photo that someone emailed me that took pictures - we saw them while checking out. while checking out.  Note Scott is sitting at the piano in the background.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...