5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2009 6:28 PM by anadyr RSS

MVC Point Program ? Ritz Destination Club

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just received an email invitation to learn more about the Ritz Carlton Destination Club. The message included:

'As a valued Marriott Vacation Club® Owner, we are pleased to extend you an exclusive invitation. For a limited time, you have a unique opportunity to trade your existing Marriott Vacation Club week(s) in exchange for proceeds toward enrollment as a Member of The Ritz-Carlton® Destination Club.'

Could this be the MVC point system that has been 'under development' for the past few years? I will try to learn more about it and will post the information. Personally, I would likely prefer a Ritz program rather than changing many of the fundamental values of my current MVC ownership weeks. I bought my timeshares to primarily use rather than redeem for points, and don't want my usage and exchange opportunities to be reduced.    

• Re: MVC Point Program ? Ritz Destination Club
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Even though I am not a Vacation Club owner I have gotten several invitations to participate in the Ritz Carlton's Luxury Residence program--if that the same one that you're referring to?

As I recall the initiation fee to become a member was in the $100,000 range--out of my price bracket for sure.  I'd really be interested in what they tell you.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Superchief

The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club is deeded fractional ownership.  Rather than deeded weeks that we're familiar with in timeshare, fractional ownership is owning a second home at a 'fraction' of the cost.  At present, there are 10 destinations

I'd definitely like to learn more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Thanks for the information. The pricing is out of my range at this time, but I am curious regarding the two membership type options. Could the portfolio membership option be a precursor of the frequently discussed upcoming change to MVC program?

Just like the airlines allowed people to exchange their mileage for membership in the airport clubs, I am hopeful that Marriott and Ritz-Carlton will finally admit that they are joined as partners and allow us to get benefits and earn benefits that are interchangeable at Ritz and Marriott.

One thing might be to build a tiered program that mirrors Marriott Rewards, with three levels and accord the same benefits to both chains. I am a Platinum member with Intercontinental and points and benefits accrue and can be used at any property they manage (including Holiday Inns)!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...