4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2010 4:10 PM by seagrey RSS

500pt arrival gift

egw019 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just came back from a stay on long island ny. upon check in i was advised that i would not get my arrival gift of 500pts as i was on an award stay. i differed with the person checking me in but she had control of the computor. i lost. was she right.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 500pt arrival gift
    dpd811 Platinum

you should have received your 500 bonus points. just stayed in MD last weekend on points, and I received my 500pts. Call the platinum number, they will correct the issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

dpd811 is correct.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Whether paid or points, Platinum Elite receive a welcome gift.  If you select points, at full service brands, it's 500 points; at limited service brands it's 200 points.  

Front Desk associates are trained to know this. What you experienced is a training issue worth escalating because of the customer service implications.  Marriott Rewards is a huge investment for Marriott because customers respond to awards redemption.  The Arrival Gift is an incentive for continued loyalty.

After reconciling your account, consider e-mailing customer.care@marriott.com.  In the Subject: "Disappointing Check-In Experience Confirmation #12345678."  Describe what took place and that you would like to discuss with management. Customer.Care will e-mail you back with a tracking number and route the e-mail to the executive office of the hotel.

When you speak to management, highlight the fact that the Front Desk associate who denied your arrival gift undermined Marriott's promise to you as an Elite guest, challenged you creating an unpleasant check-in experience, and prolonged the incident by causing you inconvenience to have to reconcile your account.  Go on to point out that what happened illustrates a training gap that management failed to correct.

At that point, management should apologize and offer to buy you Bonus Points to make it right.  If nothing else went wrong, you should be good.  If the Arrival Gift was among other incidents, demand a total refund of the points redeemed for Marriott's failure to deliver upon your expectations of service.  This will make your point very clear.

We work very hard to pay the rates to earn points and Elite level and so our expectations for service given Marriott's promises is reasonable and justified.  Marriott knows this and appreciates our loyalty - that's why there's Marriott Rewards.

Let us know how you make out.

seagrey Platinum

I have stayed at one particular Marriott -both using points and paying for nights- and every time I use the points they enter the arrival upon check in - and when I check the site a few days later they are not posted.  I have brought this up to the hotel many times, I have written the dates I am missing the arrival points - and still nothing.  I have three different dates STILL without the arrival points applied.  I am a platinum member and have achieved my nights needed this year to remain as such.  Advice???

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...