1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 25, 2009 1:43 PM by anadyr RSS

Spouse/Significant Other Elite Status

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How about considering giving spouse/significant other living in same household given same elite status. Continental did this recently and it was very successful for them?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spouse/Significant Other Elite Status
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

>

How about considering giving spouse/significant other living in same household given same elite status. Continental did this recently and it was very successful for them?

I appauld Continental's decision and hope that it takes hold. At the moment as you know, Marriott considers the mileage and points to be in the sole possession of the account holder, and not transferrable.  I think this is a vestage of the original Marquis/Honored Guest program, where points required were lower, nights fewer and there were no levels such as there are today.

Good post and I hope this is considered.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...