2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2009 8:57 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

PHL Marriott

sharons Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriott at the airport was really nice and convenient to the airport but the service left a whole lot to be desired.  I made the mistake of using the buy one night get one free offer and you would have thought that I was asking for pure gold.  Except for Justin and Gloria on the night that I checked in the rest of my stay proved how low Marriott's service has gone down the toilet.  Anytime there was an issue (think buy one, get on free) they keep you on the line while they try to figure out what's going on.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with them but then overall it seems to mean less then it did a few years ago.  I am eight days away from Platinum and am wondering why I keep staying with Marriott when it really means nothing anymore.  I miss the days of a thank you note and bottle of water in the room.  I guess that is one of the cost cutting measure.

Anyway, if I find myself in a similar situation I will stay just down the road at the Renaissance, with lower prices and better service.  No thank you for being a loyal member but at least they were pleasant.  Or will that be the Hampton Inn....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Philadelphia Airport Marriott
  • Re: PHL Marriott
    egw019 Platinum

I also just spent two days at the phl airport location. what a dump. the shower rod was broken and the tub had a crack in it. as to service there is none. the bus driver is the bellman so while he is on a run the customers tie up all the lugage carts and wait for the bus to come and take you to the airline. as the only airport location on the airport property they must feel they have a captive group. I also will take the van downtown or to another hotel next trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: PHL Marriott
    tjcnewyork Platinum

EGW

"I also just spent two days at the phl airport location. what a dump. the shower rod was broken and the tub had a crack in it"

There's absolutely no excuse for conditions like that.  Consider writing Customer.Care@Marriott.com and request a full refund.  Marriott's promise is to make you feel refreshed, revived and re-energized.  Broken fixtures in the bathroom will make you feel exactly the opposite and that's a breach of the promise.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...