3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2009 7:51 PM by nuhusker RSS

Airlines change the FF requirments--can hotels do the same?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today's New York TImes details aggressive moves taken by some airlines in the face of declining numbers of trips being taken by everyone.  Perhaps this supply sand demand principle will translate into more entocements for hotel loyalty program enhancements in the coming months?  Sure hope so.

• Re: Airlines change the FF requirments--can hotels do the same?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for the link Stepping Stones.  Presumably, someone at Marriott HQ monitors this board and has picked up on what we all agree were positive enhancements already, (for which I'm grateful)  as well as other steps they can take to really place MR above and beyond the competition.  Such as:  increase the bonus points per stay for Platinum, including the arrival gift points; consistency with, and pre-arrival assignment of, "guaranteed" upgrades, when available -- in other words don't make me have to ask; continue the breakfast on weekends for platinum at all Marriott, Renaissance, and JW hotels and RESORTS; more pointsaver properties and more 3 for 2, etc opportunities.  There are many other posibilities for Marriott to consider to beat the competition. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I'd recommend that they increase the level of bonus to 100% which is what I used to get on United as a 1K member, and include a 1000 per stay bonus for Platinums at checkin.  These are small things and cost Marriott very little but they wouold go a long way towards making us more loyal!  *I guess I already am but who can say?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, your last sentence captured me.  Maybe Marriott knows I'm not going anywhere, but it'd be nice to get the perks you pointed out.  I know a lot of folks are bent out of shape (I'll include myself here) over the increased points for stays.  That's why I'd like to see more pointsavers, etc.  I hope others chime in with some suggestions here.  Never know -- someone just might be listening.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...