1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 25, 2009 8:54 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

The Best JW Marriott Hotel!

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Today was my first visit to the Le Merigot/Marriott Santa Monica, California hotel.      We opted to use some of our rewards points  (have over 1,000,000).  We usually don't use the points because it's seldom possible to be upgraded and we are not treated as well when we use our points vs. a paid reservation.

Our check-in gentleman was Jorwe Souto  and he was a precursor of things to come.  He was helpful, polite, played with our four pound (dog) Yorkie "Bonnie".

We weren't treated as second class citizens because of using our points.   (which happens quite often)

He upgraded us to a spectacular room facing the ocean with the coolest patio ever. He thanked us for being a platinum member (this was a first).  We can see the Ferris Wheel on the Boardwalk, and all the sites and sounds of Santa Monica.

I returned to the check in desk to personally thank Jorwe.   He said he selected our room because he felt our little girl "Bonnie" would enjoy the patio.    What a spectacular thoughtful gentleman.   He truly represents the type of individual Marriot needs to make guests want to return many times.

We are already planning on when we can return to this hotel. 

By the way, this hotel is a "10".  We have stayed at Fairmont, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons as well as numerous Marriotts.  This hotel is our "pick one".   The location is phenominal...ocean view, fantastic area, wonderul restaurants.

The outdoor bar in the hotel is a great place to visit and enjoy the California Sun.

We recommend this hotel for a fantastic experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Best JW Marriott Hotel!
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Jeannie

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Le Merigot using points.  We met a couple who suggested we consider staying there after our Desert Springs Villas vacation last month as an alternate choice to Marina del Rey. As a category 8 hotel, Le Merigot is top-of-the-line and from your experience - very special.

Le Merigot is on Venice Beach north of the Marriott Marina del Rey.  Our acquaintances visited the area by Marina del Rey and decided not to stay there favoring Le Merigot.  How would you describe the area surrounding Le Merigot?  Were there any restaurants to highlight?  Was valet parking the only option or did the hotel offer self-parking?  I always have to ask because my auto insurance policy covers rentals, but it gets very tricky when you turn the keys of a rental over to another driver.

Although we booked reservations, our plans changed the day prior when we learned that the freeway from Palm Desert (I-10) would be closed in spots and traffic detoured to secure Los Angeles due to the Michael Jackson Memorial and Tribute.

There's always a next time and Le Merigot is on our to do list!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...