Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2009 9:11 PM by nuhusker RSS

Upcoming Marriott Points Inopportunity

ljcconsult Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just wanted to get others feedback on the upcoming promotions that can earn up to 50k points for 20/25 stays that starts in Sept.  The program only  allows you to earn addtional points if you use the Marriott Card.  I travel extensively and use my companies card so this excludes me from earning the addtional bonus points.  How does everyone else feel on the subject

Thoughts

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upcoming Marriott Points Inopportunity
    lorirobert Platinum

I have the exact same problem, we have a personal Marriott Card, but I am only allowed to use the company card, so I miss out on those opportunities.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upcoming Marriott Points Inopportunity
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

This topic was pretty well beat up earlier.  Below is the post by TJCNewYork that pretty well shows that it's not always a Marriott-Visa connection.  But it does make sense to me that it would be -- afterall that's the card Marriott has partnered with.

Re: It's back! MegaBonus retur...

submitted: Aug 8, 2009 1:06 AM

"Shame about the Visa requirement.  My company requires me to use our corporate AmEx for accounting purposes"
    continue reading

"Shame about the Visa requirement.  My company requires me to use our corporate AmEx for accounting purposes"

To your point, Marriott has been running Megabonus promotions since 2005.  The first one did not have a Visa requirement:

Earn Points Mega-Fast With The Marriott Rewards® MegaBonus Promotion!

With the MegaBonus promotion from Marriott Rewards, you'll get to where you want to go ... faster and easier than you imagined possible. Here's how it works:

• Register for the promotion online or call 1-888-MARRIOTT (627-7468).
    • Stay at any of more than 2,500 Marriott® hotels worldwide between March 1 and June 1, 2005.
    • Earn 5,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points every third stay, up to 25,000 points.

The Visa requirement made a first appearance in 2007:

MegaBonus — 10,000 Points!
    Open Your Window of Opportunity

• Register:     Online or call 1-888 MARRIOTT
    • Stay:            At Marriott® properties, September 23, 2007 — January 18,2008, and pay with your Visa® card.
    • Earn:             10,000 bonus points on your third Visa-paid stay.

Last year, Marriott did the Megabonus promotion twice.  The first one did not require Visa, the second did:

MegaBonus Up to 35,000 Points!

• Register:    Online or call 1-888 MARRIOTT
    • Stay:           At Marriott properties: February 15 - May 15, 2008
    • Earn:           7,000 bonus points every 3rd paid stay... up to 35,000 points

Get Your MegaBonus Points Up to 25,000

Put your dream vacation in motion

• Stay:           At Marriott properties: Sept 15 - Jan 15, 2008
    • Earn:           5,000 bonus points every third stay paid with your Visa card... up to 25,000 points

Earlier this year, the Megabonus promotion did not require Visa:

Get Your MegaBonus Up to 25,000 Points

Don't delay your dreams

• Stay:           At Marriott properties: February 1 - April 30, 2009
    • Earn:           2,500 bonus points every stay, starting with your 2nd stay

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...