3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2010 12:37 AM by voicegal RSS

Marriott does not award room points when...

voicegal Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I gave an expensive seminar at a Marriott hotel recently only to be told afterwards that I would NOT received reward points for our room stay (some eight nights!) but only for the seminar costs, the sem room etc. Unfair and somebody should have told me BEFORE. From now on I'll never stay at Marriott when giving seminar at one. I'll have to stay at a different hotel across town or something. This should be changed. I should get points for the room AND for what I paid for seminar, nearly $2000!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott does not award room points when...
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This seems to violate the Ts and Cs:  personal room nights for which you actually paid, unless they are at the Associate Rate (unlikely unless you are an Associate) are in fact creditable nights for points and elite qualification.  

Call the Elite desk and see what they can do.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bluebonnet Platinum 8 Reviews

If you book and pay for your room separately, you CAN get points.  I put on meetings/seminars/conferences all the time and I get my points and room nights.  If you have your room put on the meeting's direct bill, you will get points for the $$ spent on the room, but no nights credited to you.

voicegal Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks everyone for replies. I now will follow up, not give up, on getting points for rooms, eight nights, we paid for while giving a seminar at this Houston Marriott hotel.

Bettye Zoller Seitz

www.voicesvoices.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...