5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2011 8:08 AM by unionman RSS

MVCI Rewards booking advice

willmoac Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Now that the number of Marriott Rewards Points has increased in order to get a MVCI reward, basically 2 weeks this summer in a 2 bedroom villa in Europe was 300,000 points & next year it will be 500,000! Has anyone got any advice on how to get these rewards? It seems that currently you cannot book for next summer, and the website suggests calling.

Anyone got any tips on how to get what you want? I am looking for 2 weeks next summer at one of the Spanish MVCI resorts.

Just had a wonderful 2 weeks at Marriott Club Son Antem in Mallorca.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MVCI Rewards booking advice
    tjcnewyork Platinum

While your experience in Mallorca is still fresh, I would love to hear about your two weeks there.  Were these on exchange through II or as owners at your home resort or on points only? 

Regards plans for next summer, for an overview of MVC's Playa on the Costa del Sol, see therock's, Spain Marriott Vacation Ownership Properties

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

My stay at MVCI Mallorca was purely on points, we had a very good time. We love the facility it being our second vacation there, in terms of the other MVCI locations in Spain we have also stayed at Playa Anduluza twice before, once in 2009 & once in 2006.

We like Mallorca as there are many small local pools near to each "street" of villas then there are the main pools at the hotel & the spa.

The beach is 10-15 mins away by car, which is ideal. It is a resort where you do really need a car to be honest, whereby Playa Anduluza you could manage without a car.

As we couldn't get into Spain next summer on points we are going to Orlando. We are doing it twice in fact next year, once in January to Disney etc whilst it is quieter and then in the summer to do Sea World & Discovery Cove.

Cheers,

Tony

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Tony

Great tips on Mallorca.

Orlando is multi-season and wonderful in January.  Starting 1/9/2010 MVCI has PointSavers at Grande Vista and Hotel Rewards available at Cypress Harbor and Sabal Palms. 

Sabal Palms completed a refurbishment last year and is less than 2 miles from Disney but no PointSavers during January.

Starting 1/23/2010 MVCI has PointSavers at Cypress Harbor, Grande Vista and Harbour Lake.

Enjoy Orlando!

We're actually staying at Cypress Harbour in both January (booked before the points increased) and in August also.

Cheers,

Tony

unionman Platinum 7 Reviews

I don't come to these, pretty new but can anyone advise or direct me about this point increase for next year, I guess I should spend more time reading these and a little less time working.

OOPS! I guess I should have looked at the dates first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was going to be another increase.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...