8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2010 2:17 PM by ragman RSS

No breakfast for platinum members at JW Cancun

rsaracco Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Although Marriott graciously informed me when I got the Platinum level that I will get free breakfast and lounge access to ALL Marriott apparently the JW in Cancun does not comply. I sent an email to customer care and got an answer saying that they had contacted the JW Cancun director to fix it out. What happen is that I got called from the JW Cancun Director who informed me that they are not honoring the free breakfast nor lounge acces on their premises. I would suggest Marriott to include a sentence saying that although Platinum Members can get free breakfast everywhere that does not apply to Cancun!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mexico
  • Re: No breakfast for platinum members at JW Cancun
    myisland Gold

The same thing happened to us at Marriott St. Kitts. They smiled nicely and said they do not comply because they are international. I was not made aware of this and couldn't find it anywhere. Is this actually true? Should we not expect the same priveledges in other countries?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Thats pretty odd and I probably would have raised a stink if I was in your shoes.  Its not a common practice from my experience in Europe, so perhaps its just the region trying just one more thing to eek out that last penny from the tourist dollar.  Either way its pretty bad form and Marriott should address it and compensate you both for the inconvienance.

ddelsobral Platinum

This is pretty common. You don't get lounge access or breakfats at any RESORT...doesn't matter if it's in the US or international.

antonio Gold

I beg to differ...my wife and I went to the Marriott Goa (India) Resort and being a Gold Elite was given comp breakfast & nightly cocktails, snacks, etc. I wish Marriott would inform the hotels, resorts, etc to be more consistent.

cynpaj Platinum

I experienced the same issue at the JW Cancun this past April.  I am also platinum and was laughed at when I asked for an upgrade.  The staff was so rude, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. 

sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

We had a slightly different experience at the JW Cancun.  My husband and I stayed there several years ago and were Gold at that time.  We were given an upgrade to a suite with a beautiful ocean view.  We were quite surprised and of course happy.  The staff was quite accomodating throughout the trip.  We did not receive free breakfast because it was a resort, but we did purchase a modified meal plan.  This proved to be a good idea because the meals were expensive.  We were travelling off season so that might have had an impact, however, we did have a most enjoyable stay. 

explorer2316 Gold

I had a issue at the Marriott at Waikiki. It too was a resort and had a heart to heart with the head manager.

The stroy I have is that by default the Marriott Resorts do not have to honor your status with regard to room upgrades, meals or lounge access. It is a resort by resort decision. He also said that dependant upon season a resort may vary its policy based on demand.

The message here is call before you make your reservation at a resort and confirm what they will honor for thie time frame you are reserving. Then write thier name date and time down and if they deny you when you get there you have something to go back to Marriott corportate with.

Hope this helps!

ragman Platinum

also in aruba but they have a great special access lounge where you can pay extra and get 3 meals up there a day for 2 people. it was worth it

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...