10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2012 6:35 AM by jaco027 RSS

rome marriott park

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Florida Folks and others,

I really appreciated your comments on the Marriott Park and am planning on spending 3 days at the Flora and 3 days at the Marriott Park (as of right now) at the end of August.  Although I loved most things about the Central Park, I don't want to deal with the hassle of getting either Marriott or VISA points at the busiest time of my year.

I'm wondering if anyone since Florida Folks have stayed at the Marriott Park and what your opinions are?  I've spent a lot of time at Rome, and the idea of the last three days of my trip being at a more spalike resort is appealing.

At the same time, I've read recent negative reviews on tripadvisor, etc.

Any thoughts?
ProfC

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: rome marriott park
    hockey04 Platinum 2 Reviews

I just stayed at the Rome Central Park hotel with my family.  It was a great hotel just outside central Rome.  The hotel had free shuttle sevice on the hour that drove you into the downtown area.  The shuttle ride was 10 minutes.  The only downside is that there is nothing around the hotel for dining and the gym is MIA until Aug 29th.  Enjoy hot Rome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi Hockey04,

Thanks so much for the info! I didn't expect much to be around the hotel, but as long as the hotel itself is really nice and the shuttle seems to work well, then it sounds like a good alternative occasionally!

Best, ProfC

iwannatravel Gold

Avoid this hotel if you can,  my family just spent 5 weeks in Europe and this is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in.  I am Marriott tried and true, but on this my advice is stay some where else.  I hope his helps, I only wish I had some advice before I wasted a week there.  Enjoy your trip, I'm from Pembroke Pines.

goldeneagle Platinum 2 Reviews

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Roma and had a wonderful experience. We found the staff most helpful and enjoyed the music at the bar each evening. We thought the location was perfect and was walking distance to many of the local sites. Our server/waiter greeted us by name each night and remembered our drink order. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

goldeneagle Platinum 2 Reviews

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Roma and had a wonderful experience. We found the staff most helpful and enjoyed the music at the bar each evening. We thought the location was perfect and was walking distance to many of the local sites. Our server/waiter greeted us by name each night and remembered our drink order. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Joni & Thomas Dallas, TX

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks Dallas folks!

You comments about Rome are appreciated.  Although I have a low priority for going to Rome, these comments are encouraging to read.

Thanks again.

jrhatlanta Silver

Was that the Rome Central Park Hotel on Via Giuseppe Moscati 7? If that's the one, I'm going to be at that hotel on 9/17-20 with my wife. How did you get around?

Hi JRAtlanta,

You won't have any problem getting around from the Rome Central Park Hotel. They have an hourly shuttle bus except at noon, but more importantly you're right around the corner from a train station (that costs only one euro) to downtown Rome.

It's a great property, new rooms, balconies overlooking the Vatican, good food -- simply not near downtown, which is why it so reasonable.  I did not end up going to Rome in late August after all, so I don't know about the Marriott Park. That's the one that seems to be truly out of the way.  My only frustration was getting the points posted (but I did thanks to Marriott customer service).  Even that should be resolved by the fall when it is officially branded a Courtyard.

I very much enjoyed the hotel and will stay there again.  It's not the Flora (though the rooms are larger and beds more comfortable at the Central Park), but for the price (esp. long term stays of 4 days or more) it is a great deal.

Enjoy!  Rome is a city I love more each time I go there and fall should be the perfect time.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

How was the Rome Central Park?

jaco027 Gold

Hi,  the are two hotels in Rome with similar names: Rome Central Park - it's Courtyard really near to city center and all attractions - 11-20mins. depending on traffic very GOOD and nice hotel, with super staff and great breakfast and restaurant.

But there is as well another hotel: Rome Park - which is regular Marriott - but this AVOID as much as you can: as other guest said already: this is the worst Marriott brand  hotel I have EVER stayed in.
    1. in the middle of nowhere - at least 30-60 mins. to get to Rome - unless you come to Rome to sit in the suburbs (closed and empty Alitalia facilities nearby) overlooking from the windows  traffic on 2 crossing highways (Rome ring rode and highway to Fumicino airport).

2. outside pool open ONLY in vacation period - June - September  even if whether in spring and early autumn allows swimming outside

3. 10EUR charge for shuttle bus one way per person to city center - only every 2 hours - so if you are whole family there  - you overpaying for hotel transportation or paying for car rental and parkings in Rome

4. when I was there outside holiday season  - the hotel was really understaffed and with low quality of services provided - e.g. breakfast 10-20 clients and 2-3 waiters/cooks including manager and not even providing coffee, having really badly prepared omelet,  the quality and choice of food really poor.

5. executive room - you can find there something to drink but during "evening social hour" they serve really bad and minimal portions of food (bad food if you imagine you are in Italy!) - every where in Marriotts I'v got much, much better food in executive room

6. weak WiFi internet access - WiFi available only in public areas - hall or in executive level - no WiFi in rooms which is really bad if you travel with phone or IPad and not with LAN enabled laptop

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...