2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2009 9:13 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

The make it hard to get Group Bonus points?

davidbier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott Group Promotion

I signed up for this promotion to gain double points for booking an event. I did so at the Boston Copley back in June. Now they are giving me the run-around to award me the points. Anyone else having this problem?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The make it hard to get Group Bonus points?
    coachgs Platinum

I've had a heck of a time getting points awarded for any groups that I've booked.  I've booked 7 events this year, which should have been a ton of points and an automatic bump in my membership level, but I was only awarded points for 2 of them.  If it is such a run-around to award group points, I wish they wouldnt come out with promotions trying to get people to do it more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The make it hard to get Group Bonus points?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

DavidBier and CoachGS:

Someone dropped the ball.

Call the Marriott Guest Services line, 1-800-321-7396 and ask for Sean at x5181.  He's extraordinary.  When you call, do have your Marriott Rewards number, the property (ies) where the event(s) were held, the group name(s), date(s) and most importantly the name(s) of the Sales person who wrote your contract(s).

Seven Marriott brands are participating in this promotion and the Limited Service brands like Fairfield Inn and Courtyard, for example, rely upon a regional office. The sales person is responsible for posting the credit to your Marriott Rewards account. Staff turnover can be a contributing factor.  Put an end to the run around and give Sean a call.  He may have to escalate to speak to a manager to verify information, but he will take ownership.

Do post back to Insiders the results.  Good luck and enjoy your points!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...