3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2009 6:24 PM by profchiara RSS

Megabonus Rewards

columbussig Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I agree with TJC, it is a shame that you are limiting this to Visa card members.   It is great for small business travelers or those who have flexibility with payment.  However, when you are employed by a large company and travel more than 50% of the time you are required to use certain corporate cards.  That being the case it is almost always AMEX, I think you missed the mark on this by limiting it to VISA payments only.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Megabonus Rewards
    thehpguy Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree .... all the promosions .. except for one remember in years past was geared towards VISA ....

most high spenders and travelers are on company payroll .. and use AMEX .... atleast pretend you are pandering to us a little bit !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Actually, it was 3 out of the last 5 mega bonus promos that required VISA.  See TJCNewYork's post submitted Aug 8, 2009 1:06 AM.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi all,

Although I was told on the phone that I would automatically be registered as a Plat Elite in the September bonus, I just checked and it is not listed among my promotions. This is clearly much more complicated than the original post made it appear. (Though they still have a few more hours on the 11th to make it happen.)

I know that many companies require Amex; my college did till it got too expensive last year.  Fortunately I already had a Premier Signature Marriott Rewards VISA card.  For that, I cannot say enough. Basically I use it like a debit card and pay my balance off every month.  Besides what I get from Marriott, I get 5 points per dollar spent at Marriotts, 2 points for all dining and airline purchases, and 1 point for everything else. 

I want to assure you all I'm in no way associated with the VISA card (that'll be the day)  but combined with a large number of European stays, I get about half of my stays in Europe for free.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...