1 Reply Latest reply: May 9, 2010 1:10 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Smoke in  rooms

momcde Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I just stayed at the doentown Marriott inAtlanta ,(Peachtree).My first room smelled like smoke, the 2nd room smelled also.I should be able to expect a clean smelling room at a Marriott and not have to wash the smoke smell out of the cloths when I get home.

I was moved once , and did call the front desk but they did not seem to have a solutions or an explaination why a smoke free hotel is smelling like stale butts.

What can I do if this happens again?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
FL, USA
  • Re: Smoke in  rooms
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/c1/50/426632ea4a55a734f0d141a3b41f.jpeg http://www.nobutts.com/signs/images/S1478_150.jpg

Momcde

Regrets to hear about your recent experience.  It's happened to me 4 times this year, most recently 3 weeks ago. Like you, we had to be moved twice.  Rather than yank reservations at the last minute for a follow-up stay at the same property, we decided to go back and called prior to arrival to request that someone from the Front Desk check the room because we did not want to be inconvenienced again.  Check-in was smooth and the room smelled fresh.  The GM also gave us complimentary BF vouchers.  So the approach worked well.

There is an active discussion about the smoke-free policy here: article to the GMs of the hotels where I've encountered the problem - with the intent of raising awareness.  Ultimately, the management of each property really has to take ownership of the policy and see to it that Loss Prevention, Housekeeping and Front Desk are vigilant about enforcement.

Do feel free to participate in and thanks for posting.

TJCNewYork

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...