3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2009 10:36 AM by nuhusker RSS

Long Term Stays and the Disappointment

jolsteelcity Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Everyone and a Beautiful Day Your WayCool

Ok, I think most of us have seen the front page to the Marriott site encouraging long term stays.....relax ....unwind...no hassles......

Well, I am a long term stay and have had a decent stay but not what I thought it would be. Let me explain a little further.

The Rewards I should have recived for a year and half straight stay have been so erroneously handled, I am re-thinking my loyalty to Marriott.

At this stage with the rollover of qualifying nights, I was told I would be a elite platinum member for life. This has not happened.

It took over a year and few months to just get to gold elite status and a hassle to get my platinum elite status. These levels should have happened in progression and in a timely manner.

It took almost a year and a half to even get my reward point total and when it came through, the points awarded were not as they should be. I am missing thousand of reward points. So very disappointing.

There were promotions to earn extra points totalling 65,000 points since I checked in, these are still not posted. I have had many emails and conversations and still no where in getting proper credit for nights stayed as well as points.

When talking with the rewards people, I feel like I was inconviencing them from their time. I was treated very rudely on several occassions and quite frankly, I am tired of the treatment.

Some of the other issues are housekeeping, promotion progress are among a few others.

I think the rewards folks really needs to                 re-evaluate the program with long term stays in mind.

I also feel that some of the bonus point programs can be adjusted in a manner to accomodate a long term stay.

For now, I think this is enough and hope that I can find others like myself and share our experiences. 

Also hope to find others that may have some suggestions to help me conversate with the rewards program folks and the like.

Thanks for listening:)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Long Term Stays and the Disappointment
    cinngail Platinum

I'm curious where you are staying.  If it is a Residence Inn, the points awarded there are 1/2 the points normally awarded, (due ot the long-term nature of guest stays) which might account for the lower points awarded to your account. 

It seems like, if you've been staying at the same hotel for 1-1/2 years, you'd have a VERY good relationship with the staff at the front desk who could help you navigate any issues you might be having with your points.  I've always found them to be my allies when issues arise, simply by mentioning that I have noticed a issue with my account.  Marriott staff have, in my view, jumped through hoops to make certain that I'm happy with every aspect of my Marriott experience.  

I do, of course, remember to write thank you notes, either to the hotel locally, or to Marriott headquarters, commending service excellence whenever I encounter it.  The more notes I write, the more excellence in service I seem to experience. 

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you thanked someone on staff for a kindness or courtesy, or just genuine frendliness?  Maybe that would help turn the tide in your "Marriott experience".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Cinngail

Nicely stated.  Besides Residence Inn, Marriott has two additional long term stay alternatives.  The points earned are half that of Residence Inn and 3 nights earn 1 Elite Qualifying Night (EQN).  If one is not aware of these details, the experience would be frustrating as well as extremely disappointing:

• Marriott ExecuStay Earn 2.5 points per dollar on all qualifying charges regardless of the length of the stay at Marriott ExecuStay, where every 3 nights stayed will award members 1 night toward Elite status.
    • Marriott Executive Apartments Earn 2.5 points or 1 air mile* per US dollar spent** and one elite night credit for every three nights spent at a Marriott Executive Apartment. Check with the property for specific terms of its participation in Marriott Rewards.

See Hotel Stays | Marriott Rewards Partner Hotels for details on earning points stated above.

TJCNewYork

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Good post, cinngail -- we can all possibly learn something from your approach. Sounds to me that Jolsteelcity is just frustrated by a lack of understanding of the T&C of the rewards program, reference the comments... "I think the rewards folks really needs to re-evaluate the program with long term stays in mind." and, "I also feel that some of the bonus point programs can be adjusted in a manner to accomodate a long term stay."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...