11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2009 6:56 PM by briyau15 RSS

Grand Flora - Concierge Lounge?

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'm looking at the Grand Flora's website and old posts here but see no mention of a concierge lounge.  Do they have a CL?

If not, do they provide breakfast vouchers for redemption stays?

Thanks very much!

• Re: Grand Flora - Concierge Lounge?
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

We stayed there last year and no, they don't have a concierge level, but they do give you a fantastic breakfast if you would ordinarily have the concierge lounge.  It has all kinds of hot and cold dishes, fruits, meats, pastries, bagels, yogurts, etc, along with fresh juices, any kind of coffee drink you would like to order and champagne or mimosas!  

It is a beautiful hotel in Rome and the customer service was impeccable!

Ciao!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Lakeshore,

Yum, yum, yum!!! 

Thanks very much for the information!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• No room at the Inn
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm not the least bit surprised but when I just went to check for room availability at the Grand Flora for next June, nothing is available for point redemption.

The term "No Blackout Dates" should be changed to "Grab them while you can".

tjcnewyork Platinum

Mike,

As mentioned earlier,* the Grand Flora is one of five hotels NOT participating in the No Blackout Dates policy:

• Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, Rome, Italy
    • Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
    • Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Hawaii
    • Camelback Inn, A JW Marriott Resort and Spa, Scottsdale, AZ
    • JW Marriott Capri Tiberio Palace Resort & Spa, Capri, Italy

The information is buried under paragraph 13 at Hotel Rewards.  NewHiltonMembr was very successful in booking at the Flora w/points.  Refer to the discussion below for the approach used.  Good luck!

* Re: No Blackout Dates is not true

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Mikieg,

You might try calling the Grand Flora and asking them if you can use points next June.  I used points there last January (not high season, but it ought to be since the weather's great compared to where I live). Several members in the past have suggested patching together individual point nights then calling the Flora to combine them, but I would suggest first calling the Flora and asking them personally rather than trying to do it through the website. The people there are great, so I think that might be the best way to do it.

tjcnewyork Platinum

MikiegFLA

ProfChiara is absolutely correct. The staff at the Grand Flora gets raving reviews.  For example, out of 126 reviews posted on TripAdvisor.com, 98 reviews are Excellent or Very Good with the lion-share being Excellent.  In fact, one budget conscious reviewer talks about using points for their honeymoon and being upgraded.  That type of responsiveness underscores what ProfChiara suggests you consider.

As convenient and award-winning as Marriott.com is, it's still a web-bot that's driven by a data table with null rooms for points because of the No Blackout Date exclusion.

Consider bypassing online and pick up the phone.  Call the executive office or ask Platinum Elite to do so.  My hunch is that you will experience NewHiltonMembr's results.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

The man from the Empire State is correct. I forgot that the Grand Flora was exempt from No Blackouts.

People sure gobbled up those free rooms fast though.

briyau15 Platinum

I have a trip scheduled for next year (Aug 2010) and am traveling with my wife and in-laws, as such I booked two rooms using points.

I have Platinum status but I've never booked two rooms using points so I went online and did the normal reservation process...twice...and received two separate confirmation numbers.  I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1)  Is this the proper (or sufficient) way to book multiple rooms using points?

2)  Do I need to be present at time of both check-ins?  We may get in earlier than my in-laws. 

3) Do my in-laws get access to the Platinum amenities (free breakfast) if the rooms are under my name?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Based on my experience, you booked the rooms the smartest way...much easier to make changes, cancel, etc based on a unique reservation #.  Technically, you need to be present if both rooms are reserved under your name -- practically it probably won't be a big deal if you simply let the front desk know who to expect -- no surprises.  Technically, only the MR member gets the free breakfast -- practically, both my wife and I have always gotten it from several different properties.  I wouldn't count on other guests getting comp'ed.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Briyau15

As NUHusker comments, you booked the 2 rooms correctly.  If you prefer adjoining rooms, request it.  To ensure your in-laws do not encounter any issues at check-in, call Platinum Elite and add their names to the reservation.  At check-in, your in-laws will be required to present ID for security.  If they arrive first, they may be required to present a credit card.  If you arrive first, request that your credit card will cover room rate and incidentals on both rooms to ensure you earn the points on dining and other incidentals. In addition, ask your in-laws if there are special requests such as king bed, extra towels, feather pillows, mini-fridge or newspaper.  Call Elite to add these items to the reservation. 

Typically, Marriott will comp the Platinum Elite member and spouse with BF vouchers. If they're not given to you at check-in, let it slide.  Have lunch or dinner the day of check-in and bill it to your room.  The following morning call the Front Desk saying you didn't receive BF vouchers at check-in.  Seeing that two rooms are registered to you and the room tab for 4, more than likely the hotel will comp 4 vouchers.  Doesn't always happen, but it did happen to my wife and I when we celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday over a weekend getaway.

Have a memorable time.

briyau15 Platinum

Great, thanks for both of your replies.  I'm glad this sounds like the best way to reserve and look forward to visiting Italy for the first time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...