6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2009 7:33 PM by jolsteelcity RSS

Lifetime Rewards

jmcnyc Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does MRewards recognize Lifetime accumulation of nights stayed?  Like airlines recognize Million Milers?  Would be a great way to keep loyal customers as their careers wind down...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Rewards
    gshock Platinum

Marriott Rewards tracks both points earned and nights stayed for each Reward member . I have been a member since 1983 when the program was called the Honored Guest Awards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks GShock.  Does Marriott then reward you with lifetime Silver or Platinum status once you've reached a certain threshold?

gshock Platinum

Marriott has certain criteria for Lifetime status which I believe was previous published earlier in a reward discussion. I can tell you that I have stayed well in excess of 1000 nights and earned over 5 million points in the program 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I found this post from Pingreeman that might answer the question about lifetime platinum status.

Emeritus (Lifetime) Status Explained

Offline PINGREEMAN

PINGREEMAN

Platinum

See other posts by PINGREEMAN

Forum: Marriott Rewards

Marriott Rewards

submitted: Mar 18, 2009 9:07 PM

edited:    Mar 19, 2009 4:58 AM

Because the "most viewed" post refers to lifetime status questions and since several posts ask about Emeritus status, I thought this explanation and post worthwhile:

A copy/paste of an e-mail from elite.member@marriott.com (I inquired how close I was to making Platinum Emeritus and go this reply):

We have an Emeritus (Lifetime) status that offers Elite levels after certain...
    continue reading

Because the "most viewed" post refers to lifetime status questions and since several posts ask about Emeritus status, I thought this explanation and post worthwhile:

A copy/paste of an e-mail from elite.member@marriott.com (I inquired how close I was to making Platinum Emeritus and go this reply):

We have an Emeritus (Lifetime) status that offers Elite levels after certain criteria have been met.

Emeritus Platinum status is offered after the following qualifications are met:

• 12 years of membership with Marriott Rewards
    • One year as a Platinum Elite member.
    • 1,000 total qualifying nights.
    • 3,000,000 total points earned.

Emeritus Gold status is offered after the following qualifications are met:

• One year as a Gold Elite member.
    • 800 total qualifying nights.
    • 2,000,000 total points earned.

Emeritus Silver status is offered after the following qualifications are met:

• One year as a Silver Elite member.
    • 600 total qualifying nights.
    • 1,500,000 total points earned.

There is no way to request an Emeritus status unless all qualifications have been met.

Thanks NUHusker...  appreciated!

jolsteelcity Platinum 4 Reviews

Do we know why you need the 12 years? What if all other criteria is met but this?