1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2010 8:03 AM by profchiara RSS

Drip-Drip: Rewards points exchanged for timeshare

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've just been on a tour of the Irish republic staying at the Shelbourne in Dublin, the Limerick Marriott and  Druids Glen Marriott. I am happy to recommend them all.

Whilst on vacation I chanced across a story that links Bill Marriott to Arthur Guiness.................

In 1759 when starting up the Guiness brewery Arthur G required a sizeable piece of land, and access to a plentiful supply of water. He signed a contract for many acres of land not too far outside Dublin, which had access to large amounts of water straight from the nearby mountains. The signed agreement for this was that Arthur had to pay a rent of £40 a year. ( A sizeable amount in 1759) However Guiness PLC is still paying the rent for that land at £40 a year !!

Doesn't that sound just like our friend Bill Marriott who promised timeshare buyers a lnk to Marriott Rewards for circa 110,000 points. ( Which in 1986 gave a member a great vacation) Maintenance on the timeshare has increased umpteen per cent , as has the charge for changing timeshare to points. The awarded points however remain today at circa 110,000. I guess that in the year 2236 timeshare owners will still be getting circa 110,000 points and will be able to get in exchange for that just ONE night in a Marriott hotel - EVERY TEN YEARS !!

Yes Arthur and Bill definately come from the same mold.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...