6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2009 5:04 PM by bushwacker RSS

Hawaii Marriott Properties

dawnrenee0516 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I will be honeymooning in Hawaii this fall (November 27 - December 11).  We have already been to Maui, so we plan to hit Oahu, the Big Island and Kauai on this trip. 

Based on photos only, I am leaning toward staying at the JW Marriott Ihilani on Oahu, the Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club and the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa on the Big Island.

We are looking for properties located directly on the beach, properties that are somewhat secluded (we do not want to be in Waikiki), and properties that are conveniently located for accessing other attractions and beaches, without compromising quality and service.

Has anyone stayed at these and/or comparison properties?  We had a hard time deciding between the Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club and the Marriott Waiohai Beach Club.  Has anyone stayed at both? 

Any experiences would be appreciated.

• Re: Hawaii Marriott Properties
    retired Platinum

Dawnrenee0516

I own at both Kauai Beach Club and Waiohai, they are both nice properties. The KBC is larger, has a much larger pool and my choice for a honeymoon stay. The KBC is located about two miles from the airport on Nawilliwilli harbor and is close to the town of Lahue. The renovation at the KBC should be over before you travel

Waiohai is a timeshare (all two bedroom) with about six hotel rooms also. This property is newer. not as much dinningi and the pool is smaller. I feel this property is designed more for family vacations and not couples on a honeymoon.The beach is better at Wiaohai but if I where going to send someone on a honeymoon it would be the KBC, In fact I sent one of my twin sons to the KBC for his honeymoon! The other twin we sent to Ko"Olina for his Honeymoon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Congratulations and best wishes!

As mentioned earlier, the Kauai Beach Club is undergoing extensive renovation and refurbishment. The work should be completed by your travel dates.  

As a tip, Marriott Resorts Hawaii is celebrating 50 years of statehood with some great vacation deals and packages.  See Marriott Resorts Celebrates Hawaii turning Five-O!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

Given what you are looking for, the best choice, by far, is the J.W. Ihilani.  It was not built by Marriott (I think a Japanese Company), so the architecture is much more striking than your typical Marriott.  It is a beautiful property, and about a 45 minute drive from Pearl Harbor and the airport, so you can still drive down to "the action," if you choose.  I was lucky enough to stay in one of the Ihilani suites when I was there, and not only was it very beautiful and large, but the views were breathtaking...literally.  The bedroom and living room were across the hall from one another and one had views of the mountains and the other room had ocean views...best views I have ever enjoyed in a hotel!

alexjp Platinum

>

I have stayed at the Kauai Marriott a number of times and found it to be pretty nice.  Its very big (used to be a Westin) and a bit gaudy.  Real nice pool and OK beach.  It sits on a bay that is also used by industry so its not as pristine as one would like but its still pretty nice. Its near the airport and main city of Lihue.  I prefer the Poipu area.  More remote and better beach.  I have not stayed at the Waiohai Beach Club but I have visited the resort.  It sits on a narrow lot so there is not much of an ocean front/beach and the ocean views are so so.  I am a Platnum Elite and I dont stay at either anymore.  The Poipu Hyatt is far better than both and worth the money if you can swing it!!!!

madrush Gold

Sounds great.  Glad to hear the good comments about the Ihilani property.  My wife and I will be celebrating 10 years at that property at the end of January.  I wanted to be right on the beach and secluded like what the topic creator said.  It sounds like a great property to enjoy Hawaii.

bushwacker Silver

First of all Congrads!!! I'm sure you had a great time at whichever property you finally chose.If youc hose the Marriot Ihilani Resort & Spa, my wife and I are going there for the last week of February. I've never stayed at this location, so I'd like your input when you get back as to how the property was, and things you guys did.

Aloha

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...