4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2009 10:53 AM by anadyr RSS

Portland Marriott Waterfront

cpc1968 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
I am a very loyal Marriott customer and generally find their service and properties to be excellent. This was not the case, however, at the Marriott Waterfront in Portland. If you go to this property check with the front desk before arrival to be sure there isn't a loud band across the street in the park. I stayed here with my young kids (<9) and the band played until 11pm and the kids got very little sleep. What is most disappointing about this situation is that the person at the front desk could have told me at check-in about the band and put me on the opposite side of the hotel. Also - The river side of the hotel is loud and the windows do a poor job of shielding the noise. Finally, the rooms have these air conditioning units actually inside the room and they are very loud when they cycle on and off. Next time in Portland, I will be looking for another property

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Portland Marriott Waterfront
    tjcnewyork Platinum

The Marriott promise is to make sure you are refreshed, revived and re-energerized.  By assigning you a room exposed to excessive noise conditions, Marriott did not deliver upon that promise.  

Consider reporting your experience to Customer.Care@Marriott.com  The Subject of your e-mail might read, "Disappointing stay at Marriott Portland Confirmation #12345678"

In the narrative, describe what took place, who you spoke with and what if anything was resolved.  Customer.Care will respond with a Tracking # and a reply indicating that they will contact you within 3 to 5 business days.  Typically, they will escalate to the hotel and someone will contact you.  If you do not hear back you can call Customer Care directly at the number provided in the e-mail.  

In the meantime, consider your objective (refund, points, etc).  It would help if you state the objective in the first paragraph of your note.   Good luck and let us know the results.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cpc1968 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for the feedback. I described my situation to the hotel manager and they did make a nice offer to make amends (which was appreciated). I will still think twice about this property.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Good.  The hotel manager took ownership.  I've stayed there with my family when we took a wonderful road trip from San Diego to Seattle combining business with leisure.  The hotel recently underwent a total refurbishment so the A/C noise condition is unusual, and the room assignment is under Front Desk control.  As nice as a hotel can be physically, the decision to come back and recommend to others is entirely based upon prior experience and satisfaction.  If expectations are met or exceeded, chances are you will go back, that is not the case and your reservations are understood.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I hope they offered to comp your stay for the inconvenience.  It is always the ultimate guarantee--one that Marriott was famous for--that a room that does not meet your standards at any price should not be charged to the person staying there.  This is the bedrock of Marriott's reputation as an industry leader.

In Residence Inns there is a little card that says if a problem exists we will fix it while you are here or... (the or is not quite explained but it means another room, or failing that, another location,

We as Marriott customers deserve no less.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...