1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 31, 2009 10:09 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

true rewards?

naveedavee Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I think that internet service should be provided free of charge to rewards members, or possibly starting at the silver level.  free local calls are far less important to travelers than internet service.  I recently achieved gold level status and personally, free local calls don't mean a whole lot to me, but free internet would be valuable.  other chains provide free net access to their "reward" members, even wyndham does.  so why not marriott?  aren't we paying enough to stay there already?  c'mon, throw us a bone!

• Re: true rewards?
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Agreed.  See the extensive discussion about free broadband, consistency of interface and related issues at Broadband/WIFI... Marriott pricing is a joke... who pays

Looking at the 2nd Qtr Earning Reports* (see p13), the properties listed under North American Limited Service offer free broadband whereas, those listed under North American Full Service do not.  Marriott Vacation Club resorts (timeshare segment) offer free broadband, too.  

So, the Broadband Scorecard for North American Limited Service, Marriott Vacation Club, Wyndham and Hyatt among others get an A++ for free broadband whereas Marriott full service does not. Huge disconnect.

Earning Reports 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...