0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:14 AM by radgroup RSS

Dubai - Business Accomodations -What a Pleasant Surprise!

radgroup Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am from the US and am just back from business travel in Dubai.  I was scheduled to be there for 6 mos. to a year for an engagement in partnership with IBM. IBM would pay $2700 mo rental (WHAT?! In Dubai?) IBM suggested a non-Marriott property with no pool, small rooms, an inadequate fitness room, a common washer- dryer area, etc. I needed a pool, PERIOD. I investigated my options and booked a Marriott executive apartment a short distance from the insanity of downtown and in the Green Community. Was it worth it? HECK yeah!! I had a beautifullly decorated, 1 BDR, 2 BA (!), 1400 sq ft villa w/ an incredible balcony, a gourmet kitchen, updated washer dryer combo in the unit, and overlooking a man-made lake in the beautiful Green Community (yes, it is GREEN!) next to the Courtyard Marriott. If this wasn't great enough, I also received a 15% discount on food in the Courtyard and even better yet, at the pool! An added bonus: the Courtyard was licensed to serve alcohol! (Note: In Dubai, only hotel property restaurants can serve libations - forget about it elsewhere). A beer tastes awfully good when it is 114-120 degrees outside!  The Marriott Executive Apartments in the Green Community were the BEST Marriott long-term accomodations I have ever stayed in, far and above ANY Courtyard related property and many of the top tier MARRIOTT properties. Too bad the engagement went south, (as it is wont to do in Dubai); I could have resided in my villa for years! If you need to go to Dubai, heed this advice: Dubai is very expensive; check your options wisely! I cannot say enough about the staff and the facilities at the Green Community! Be sure to ask for Heidi!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...