8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2016 4:01 AM by ekelley RSS

Trasnsportation to Zurich Airport from Zurich Marriott

briyau15 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm sure there's an existing post but could not find the answer so thought I would put it out there. 

Does anyone know the quickest (and cost-effective) way to go from the Marriott Zurich (downtown) to the ZRH airport?  I'm in the process of purchasing a train pass and wasn't sure if it is cost-effective to add another day to the length of the pass to only use the train for a day to go to the airport (versus taking a taxi).

It will only be my wife and I and what I envision two medium sized suitcases so training it wouldn't be a big deal.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Zurich, Switzerland Courtyard By Marriott
Zurich, Switzerland Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Zurich, Switzerland Renaissance Hotels
Zurich-Glattpark, Switzerland Renaissance Hotels
  • Re: Trasnsportation to Zurich Airport from Zurich Marriott
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

briyau15,

There was a shuttle for us last year!  It went to all the Marriott properties and was very reasonable.

The train is great but you will need to walk uphill from the train station in Zurich.

The train is very inexpensive and relaxing!  Good luck. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

briyau15 Platinum

Jerry,

Thanks for the information.  I had no idea there was a shuttle so I'll definitely look into that.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Good information on transporation from airport to hotel in Zurich

Location Brand Hotel
    Zurich, Switzerland Courtyard By Marriott
    Zurich, Switzerland Marriott Hotels & Resorts
    Zurich, Switzerland Renaissance Hotels
    Zurich-Glattpark, Switzerland Renaissance Hotels
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

GP,

I think most of the Marriott properties have done away with Airport shuttles.  Really think a lot of properties worldwide have done the same!  The train is one way to go, if, you have few bags, and the weather is cooperative.

ekelley Platinum

If you are traveling light or trying to be thrifty take the train from the Airport to Zurich HB.  It's a fairly easy walk And reasonably smooth for roller bags.  Download the SBB mobile app onto your phone and you can buy your train pass on your phone and download it into your phone wallet.  Cabs are plentiful around the station as well if you are less adventurous or have multiple or heavy bags.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...