3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2010 5:33 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Bring back the future

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I remember a time when Marriott rewards had the ability to give airline points as well as hotel points. A once used practice by Marriott is no longer-Hilton does continue this tradition (not sure what company started it first).

With a down economy that will pretty much be with us for a good 10 years, maybe it is time for Marriott to bring that same feature of yesteryear.

Reason I say this, is that recently Delta (I am sure other airlines as well) recently annouced MR Triple Summer Miles Program.

Earn Triple Summer Miles with Marriott Rewards®

As a Marriott Rewards member earning miles with Delta Air Lines SkyMiles® or Northwest Airlines® WorldPerks®, you can now earn unlimited triple miles with Marriott Rewards for stays you make between June 1 and August 31, 2009, beginning with your second stay. That's up to 6 miles per US dollar spent!

Here's how it works:

1. Enroll & Be Automatically Registered if you're not yet a Marriott Rewards member or Register if you're already a member.
  2. Stay at any of over 3,000 participating Marriott® hotels worldwide from June 1 through August 31, 2009.

3. Earn unlimited triple miles – beginning with your second stay – with either Delta Air Lines SkyMiles® or Northwest Airlines WorldPerks® during the offer period.

4. Enjoy your substantial, and greatly accelerated, triple miles earnings!

You'll be on your way to your next destination three times as fast – wherever Northwest and Delta fly – just for staying at a Marriott hotel. Get started now!

Register now for this promotion:

Online anytime.

My question in all this, and I don't know the answer to this, but don't you have to switch from points to earning miles with this promo?

What I would like to see Marriott do, is let you earn BOTH points AND miles-something Marriott use to do. Food for thought, but there are tons of deals out there, seems like the norm now compared to a few years ago.

Ideas anyone?

• Re: Bring back the future
    lacyisland Platinum

I use Hilton AND Marriott. I actually think Hilton is a better property particularly the garden inn over courtyard. BUT Hilton requires a LOT more points for a free hotel stay. Yes you get air miles AND points at Hilton but you can earn free hotel stays a lot faster at Marriott

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

You aren't limited to air miles and points at Hilton, you can get points and points also.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"What I would like to see Marriott do, is let you earn BOTH points AND miles"

Restoring the benefit of earning points and miles is a great idea. With several airline partners and 32 million Marriott Rewards members, Marriott's storehouse of guest information, redemption usage and preferences is deep and rich. Hopefully, Marriott can gleen insights and develop a promotion that takes earning points and miles to a whole new level.

With the lionshare of properties and members in the US and major expansion of properties targeted in Europe, earning miles and points is very ripe for exploration and innovation. Thanks for posting this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...